Depends on Qualifications Location :
Troy, NC Job Type:
Adjunct Job Number:
Instruction & Student Services Department:
Continuing Education Opening Date:
10/05/2022 Closing Date:
Phlebotomy Instructor needed to teach a comprehensive, hybrid 200-hour course that will prepare students to enter the medical field as a Phlebotomy Technician.
- Provides instruction to introduce students to the phlebotomy industry and prepare them for entry-level positions in the medical field.
- Develop course syllabi, outlines, and lesson plans for curriculum courses assigned.
- Review and select appropriate textbooks and instructional materials
and media for the classes to be taught.
- Develops lectures, classroom activities, and hands-on exercises for
students to participate and learn.
- Monitors and records student progress in courses.
- Administers tests or other evaluation methods to students.
- Keeps records of student attendance.
Qualifications & Degree Requirements
Two years current clinical experience as a Phlebotomy Technician or other health related fields that include use of phlebotomy skills. Documentation of Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in a health-related field from a regionally accredited college or current National Phlebotomy Certified from one of the following organizations: ASPT, ASCP, or AMT required. Applicants must be in good standing with accrediting certification agencies.
Montgomery Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This position is not eligible for benefits.