200+ compounds in Novartis are supported by biostatisticians in 10+ sites around the globe. Biostatisticians transform clinical data into analyses that build the basis for making innovative drugs accessible for patients. They influence decision-making in cross-functional international teams from early to late phase drug development.
We are in search of a Principal Biostatistician. Come to an industry leader where you will lead implementation of modern and innovative trial/experimental designs, statistical models, analysis and data exploration methodologies at the study or project level and you will be responsible for all statistical work, scientific and operational, in collaboration with the clinical trial teams and other quantitative partners in the Early Development analytics team.
• Responsible for all statistical tasks on the assigned trials.
• Protocol development in alignment with the development plan, developing statistical analysis plan, reporting activities.
• Contribute to planning and execution of exploratory analyses and statistical consultation within your cross-functional teams.
• Initiate, drive and implement novel methods and innovative trial designs in alignment with the Lead Statistician.
• Collaborate with clinical, regulatory and other strategic functions to drive quantitative decision making in assigned indications/program with oversight.
• Collaborate cross-functionally (e.g. data management, programming, medical writing) to ensure timeliness and quality of statistical deliverables.
• Contribute to external engagement with consultants, advisory boards, health authorities, congresses, and scientific meetings
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you'll bring to the role:
• PhD with 3+ years’ experience preferred OR MS with 7+ years’ experience
• Fluent English (oral and written)
• Good communication and presentation skills
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people’s lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
You’ll receive: You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook. https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams' representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $136,800-205,200 a year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!