200+ compounds in Novartis are supported by biostatisticians in 10+ sites around the globe. Biostatisticians transform clinical data into analyses that build the basis for making innovative drugs accessible for patients. They influence decision-making in cross-functional international teams from early to late phase drug development.
We are in search of a Principal or Senior Principal Biostatistician. Come to an industry leader where you will lead implementation of modern and innovative trial/experimental designs, statistical models, analysis and data exploration methodologies at the study or project level and you will be responsible for all statistical work, scientific and operational, in collaboration with the clinical trial teams and other quantitative partners in the full development analytics team.
What you’ll be doing: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for all statistical tasks on the assigned trials.
• Protocol development in alignment with the development plan, developing statistical analysis plan, reporting activities.
• Contribute to planning and execution of exploratory analyses and statistical consultation within your cross-functional teams.
• Initiate, drive and implement novel methods and innovative trial designs in alignment with the Lead Statistician.
• Collaborate with Medical, Patient Access, Real-world Evidence and other strategic functions to drive quantitative decision making in assigned indications/program with oversight.
• Collaborate cross-functionally (e.g. data management, programming, medical writing) to ensure timeliness and quality of statistical deliverables.
• Contribute to external engagement with consultants, advisory boards, health authorities, congresses, and scientific meetings.
This position will be located at the East Hanover, NJ site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will require 1% travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international).
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Principal level: PhD in Biostatistics, Math, Computational Biology or similar with relevant work experience (including internship) OR MS in Biostatistics, Math, Computational Biology or similar with 4+ years’ experience
• Senior Principal level: PhD in Biostatistics, Math, Computational Biology or similar with 3+ years’ experience preferred OR MS Biostatistics, Math, Computational Biology or similar with 7+ years’ experience
• Fluent English (oral and written) and strong communication and presentation skills
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $136,800-205,200 a year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network