2023 will potentially see Sandoz become a standalone organization! Already a global market leader in Generics and Biosimilar medicine, this is an exciting, once-in-a-career opportunity to set our own path forward as an independent, purpose-driven organization, and as the founders of a new Sandoz, this is a time of immense opportunity for us all, both professionally and personally!
Together we will shape the future of Sandoz... are you ready to make a difference?
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Plan, organize, and perform document, data and sample management activities for supporting a scientific department
• Understand compliance systems and practices, concepts and processes that are applied in the scientific department
• Operate within established guidelines, support team members in implementing new OpEx tools and systems and following guidelines and work principles applicable for the supported scientific department
• Recognize, communicate, and solve non-routine problems (e.g. deviations and unexpected results from handling procedures) within area of responsibility
• Manage records and storage of analytical samples, standards or consumables.
• Take over responsibility for and utilize tools/equipment/data repositories
• Support (schedule, coordinate and perform) implementation (roll-out), control, qualification, improvements/updates of OpEx enabling tools (equipment/data repositories)
• Partner with scientific department regarding adherence to standards eg as defined in Quality and Compliance manuals, local procedures, support the department in keeping proactive compliance and continuous improvement, using adequate tools and programs
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Apprenticeship or formal education in life sciences (preferably analytical characterization of proteins), and practical experience in related field
• Awareness for safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment
• Good understanding of guidelines and regulations applied in biologics R&D laboratories
• Basic knowledge about analytical equipment of Analytical labs and of software and computer tools applicable in this area
• Basic theoretical and scientific knowledge in the relevant area (Analytical Characterization of biologics)
• Basic knowledge in scientific/technical areas of CMC collaboration space
• Good presentation skills, ability to convey content and give trainings in short presentations or curricula.
• Good knowledge of and adherence to quality and compliance standards in development practices
• Good practice and understanding of documentation, acc. to eg ALCOA+
• Good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
Almost 500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2022 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
We are at a pivotal moment in our history giving us the freedom to invest in our future so we can continue to help millions of people access affordable high-quality medicines. Together we will shape the future of Sandoz, building an organization from the ground up and in return, experience an ambitious environment with impactful, flexible-hybrid careers, where diversity is welcomed and where personal growth is encouraged!
The future is ours to shape!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Sandoz is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Hiring decisions are only based on the qualification for the position, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.
The law provides for severely disabled / equal applicants the opportunity to involve the local representative body for disabled employees (SBV) in the application process. If you would like to request this, please let us know in advance as a note on your CV.
Join our Sandoz Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Sandoz and our career opportunities, join the Sandoz Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/sandoztalentpool