A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
Our Principal Reliability Engineer is responsible for scientific data analysis, applications, architecture, support, system engineering, etc. The individual typically designs or works with informatics solutions specifically for Research. The role requires expertise in Informatics and/or Informatics Systems with a good knowledge of Research
Major Accountabilities (may include but not limited to):
• Broadly experienced specialists managing a small unit OR project. May be responsible for managing others -Leads/co-leads novel projects within the team
• Generates innovative ideas within own team and/or project team/functional community
• Recognizes & leverages innovation opportunities for own team across projects -Mentors and inspires others to solve problems
• Reporting of technical complaints / adverse events / special case scenarios related to Novartis products within 24 hours of receipt
• Distribution of marketing samples (where applicable)
• Implementation of DevOps tools and practices on product and service teams
• Help develop and maintain the infrastructure in AWS for all services and systems across our application portfolio
• Helping to build tools to automate, deploy, and monitor high-availability systems; working with developers and staff to maintain and improve the infrastructure
• Rapidly diagnosing and resolving faults with services and communicating to users as appropriate
• Continuously improving and learning, taking on varying projects, and consistently evaluating new technology
This position will be located at the Cambridge, MA site and will not have the ability to be located remotely.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $124,000 and $186,000 per year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What will you bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
• Experience in implementing DevOps tools and practices for product and services teams
• Experience handling a large volume of data
• Experience with AWS and containers
• 3+ years of people leadership, project management, and in collaborating across boundaries experience
• Experience in Data Management & Systems, preferably in data security
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis