Based on QualificationsCompensation Type:
SalaryScheduled Weekly Hours:
An adjunct instructor is appointed on a term contract for instructional, temporary and part-time assignments. They are not assigned to other responsibilities such as professional service or college service. They have no right to reappointment. Persons appointed at this rank will vary in minimal academic qualifications but generally shall have a relevant doctoral or equivalent terminal degree to teach at the upper division and graduate level, and a master's degree for lower division courses. All degrees shall be from accredited institutions or from internationally reputable and recognized institutions. Exceptions to these requirements may be made by the Provost upon presentation of evidence of a record of experience or other credentials that indicate academic degree equivalence. Adjunct Faculty members can only serve as Faculty Senators if they teach during the current semester or have taught within the last fiscal year.Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach assigned courses, whether on campus or off campus, day or evening, following the official syllabi and using approved textbooks and other learning materials.
- Meet all classes regularly and on time, as scheduled, and for their full duration.
- Evaluate student performance (attainment of learning objectives) and assign grades.
- Participate in the department's/division's review of courses and programs.
- Assist in the preparation of course syllabi; engage in curriculum development (revising and updating existing courses and programs,
- creating new courses and programs)
- Keep accurate records of student attendance, grades, etc.
- Make arrangements with the department chair or assistant dean for covering classes when scheduling an absence.
- Meet all deadlines in submitting grades or other required information on students.
- Attend all faculty meetings, other convocations as appropriate, and graduation exercises.
- Master's degree in a related field or master's degree in any field plus 18 graduate hours in a related field required.
Additional Comments to Applicants:
- Prior teaching experience at college level.
Applications are disqualified in the first level of review if they do not meet all Minimum Qualifications listed in this job posting. (Years of experience are calculated based upon numbers of hours worked per week. Example: 2 years of experience working 20 hours per week equals 1 year of experience.) Relevant experience pertains to Minimum Qualifications, Job Summary/Basic Function, and Preferred Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities described in this job posting. ASSUMPTIONS ARE NOT MADE at any level of SFCC's Hiring Process if information presented in the application material does not clearly address the Minimum Qualifications, Job Summary/Basic Function, and Preferred Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities. Number of pages of application material will not negatively/positively affect your application, however, LACK OF DETAIL may.Diversity Statement:
As Santa Fe Community College (SFCC) neighbors ancient Pueblo lands, and is a Sanctuary campus in a Sanctuary city, SFCC is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified and richly diverse faculty and staff. Our students need a community to teach and support them and that represents their diversity. SFCC strives to make our campus a place of safety, inclusion and equity where all individuals from all diverse backgrounds feel welcomed, nurtured and valued. At the heart of SFCC's mission - Empower Students, Strengthen Community. Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad - is a commitment and promise that higher education and opportunity should be open to everyone in our community and to fostering a climate where students can be who they want to be. A place where all within our community belong. A place where you are seen, a place where you are valued, a place where you are respected, a place where you are appreciated. Come join our community!EEO Statement:
As an EEO employer, Santa Fe Community College will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, serious medical condition or status as a protected veteran or spousal affiliation. Santa Fe Community College hires only U.S. citizens and individuals lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.