Application Instructions:External Applicants:
Please upload your resume
on the Apply
screen. Your application will automatically populate your resume details, and you may verify and update data on the My Information
IMPORTANT: Please review the job posting and load ALL
documents required in the job posting to the Resume/CV document upload section at the bottom of the My Experience
application page. Use the Select Files
button to add multiple documents including your Resume/CV, references, cover letter, and any other supporting documents required in the job posting. The "My Experience"
page is the only opportunity to add your required supporting document attachments. You will not be able to modify your application after you submit it .Current Mercer University Employees:
Apply from your existing Workday
account. Do not apply from the external careers website
. Log in to Workday
and type Jobs Hub
in the search bar. Locate the position and click Apply
Faculty, Computer ScienceDepartment:
Math and InformaticsCollege/Division:
College Of Professional AdvancementPrimary Job Posting Location:
Atlanta, GA 30341Additional Job Posting Locations:
(Other locations that this position could be based) Job Details:
The Department of Informatics and Mathematics at Mercer University is seeking applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position in Computer Science, beginning in academic year 2023-2024 and based on Mercer's Atlanta campus.
The successful candidate must show evidence of or potential for exemplary teaching and advising students, service with impact, and scholarship. The candidate must have obtained the terminal degree by the starting time.
This is a 9-month faculty position with eligibility to teach in the summer. Rank to be determined based on the credentials of the selected candidate.
The ideal candidate must have expertise in one or more of the following areas: programming, database, software application development, full-stack development, mobile app development, system design and analysis, IT project management, network and cyber security, IoT, cloud computing, or related fields. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and highly collaborative team of faculty, students, and staff to contribute to the department's goals.
This faculty position is based on Mercer University Atlanta campus, with teaching responsibilities at the Atlanta campus and online (both synchronous and asynchronous), with potential expansion to the University's Regional Academic Centers in Metro Atlanta. The Department of Informatics and Mathematics offers undergraduate degree programs in information technology and informatics, software development and human-computer interaction, health informatics, and graduate degree programs in applied data intelligence and machine learning with AI and data science concentrations and graduate health informatics program. These programs attract non-traditional, working adult students in various formats, including daytime, evenings, and online. The department's faculty members are known for their commitment to engaged student learning with community-based, real-world projects. For more information about the department, please visit the department website.Responsibilities:
- Teach introductory and advanced undergraduate courses with potential to teach some graduate courses
- Develop and deliver new courses related to computer science, software development, and informatics related research.
- Mentor and advise undergraduate students
- Conduct high-quality research in computer science, software development, and informatics related fields
- Engage in departmental, college, and university-level service, including committee work and outreach activities
- Collaborate with industry and government partners
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in computer science, software engineering, informatics, or a related field at the time of appointment
- Demonstrated expertise in computer science and software application development
- Familiarity with various programming languages and hands-on software development environments
- Proven commitment or potential for high-quality teaching and advising
- Demonstrated ability to engage students actively in learning through course design
- Evidence of grant writing activity or potential for grant activity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with non-traditional students and teaching face-to-face and online synchronous and asynchronous formats
- Demonstrated ability to engage in interdisciplinary research collaborations
- Experience with one or more areas in software packages used in data science and artificial intelligence, in addition to computer science; experience with cyber security
- Evidence of potential contributions to the development of computer science or IT-related curricula at the undergraduate or graduate level, or certificate programs
Selection of the final candidate is contingent on a successful background check.Required Document Attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research Interests
- List of three professional references with contact informationScheduled Weekly Hours:
Faculty Math and SciencesEEO Statement:
Mercer University recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/pqKzXYH5BDnbguj7NfNEnx