Head of Clinical Development - Oncology Location
: Remote - East Coast
Candidates must have small biopharma company experience to be considered.
Scientific Search has recently partnered with an exciting publicly traded biopharmaceutical client that has several late-stage assets that is searching for a Head of Clinical Development for their Oncology Portfolio.
This position will report to the Chief Medical Officer. Responsibilities:
- Contribute and lead the Oncology clinical development strategy
- Oversee the design, conduct and reporting of clinical studies to ensure that all activities support program development goals of the oncology program
- Provide clinical leadership towards the achievement of an NDA.
- Gather, review, and present clinical data regarding the safety and efficacy of their lead product.
- Serve as program and studies medical monitor and supervise contract research organization (CRO) medical monitor(s)
- Identification and management of external collaborators and key opinion leaders/consultants
- Collaborate and provide necessary guidance and leadership to internal and external clinical operation teams
- Collaborate effectively with other key functions e.g. pharmacology, data management, statistics, regulatory affairs etc.
- Lead publication efforts, both at relevant congresses and journal publications
- Be a recognized and respected disease matter expert
- MD or DO with relevant therapeutic experience required.
- 7+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry working on clinical development. NDA(s) experience and small Biotech experiences are 'must haves'.
- 3 + years of experience with line management.
- Experience in management and oversight of CROs and other service providers
- Skills in negotiating contracts and budgets with CROs and other service providers related to Biostatistics.
- Profound knowledge including programming, import and export, data review and program execution.
- Experience in Health Authorities interactions and negotiations.
For immediate consideration please email Tom O'Hanlon, at Tom@Scientificsearch.com
- Type: Direct Hire
- Category: Biopharmaceutical Company
- Date Posted: 2023-10-30