The School of Physical Therapy seeks an adjunct faculty member to deliver high quality learning experiences and education for students in the Physical Therapy Program. The selected candidate will have responsibilities teaching classroom courses to graduate students in the Physical Therapy Program. Subject matters may include Management of the Geriatric Patient.
- Delivers didactic, laboratory and/or experiential instruction via multiple formats (in-person, online, or in a 'blended' format) in the Physical Therapy Program
- Provides students with an approved syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies in line with those of the School, texts and readings, assignments and deliverables, timelines and evaluation criteria
- Provides engaging assignments that demonstrate the real-world applications of concepts covered.
- Supports incorporation of diversity, equity and inclusion into the curriculum, as well as co-curricular experiences, to broaden the education of students and expand their knowledge of health disparities
- Uses the University's learning management system to post syllabus, assignments and other materials and to communicate with students
- Advises and assists students through office hours or scheduled appointments, by videoconference, phone or email, and through other University-approved mechanisms
- Provides service including student mentoring, ongoing course development, and assessment
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor
- Must hold a Masters or Doctoral degree from an accredited PT Program.Active license to practice as a PT in MassachusettsExperience in the MCPHS DPT Program.Commitment to undergraduate, graduate and/or professional education and student successDemonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environmentExcellent organizational and communication skillsMust be able to work independently and effectively interact with a wide array of parties at all levels (students, faculty, administration/staff, alumni, and external constituents, including healthcare industry professionals)
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. MCPHS is unable to sponsor, or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa. MCPHS is also not an E-Verify institution.About Us
Established in 1823, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS) is the oldest institution of higher education in Boston, a city that is home to many of the world's top universities and healthcare institutions. We are one of the largest and most highly-ranked schools for health- and life-sciences, and our alumni and faculty continually distinguish themselves in healthcare settings around the globe. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston's Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Our vision is to empower our Community to create a healthier, more equitable world, which we strive to achieve through our strategic priorities of collaboration, inclusion, success, sustainability, planning, and support.MCPHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
that celebrates a diverse community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.