If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
Professor Job Description
Must be an PhD, M.D or D.O. who is Board Certified or Board eligible.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Increase research funding to Department from NIH and other government and non-government sources
- Perform research that creates new and adds to known knowledge inresearchers area of interest, including the advancement of new theories and principles.
- Integrate scientific integrity, ethics and transparency in all research activities.
- Expansion and interpretation of existing ideas, theories, and principles.
- Application of knowledge, especially in new settings.
- Open dissemination and professional peer review are essential features of research productivity.
- Ability to communicate well to a diverse professional work force.
- Experience with methods, tools and measurements for quality improvement to improve work processes using a team-based model.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and standards of JCAHO, CAP and CLIA.
- Ability to work independently and make reliable recommendations and diagnoses as definitive in the care and treatment of patients.
- Knowledge of all hospital and service procedures and policies regarding hazardous material management, biohazard exposure and the use of universal precaution.
- Relevant experience with IRB requirements for handling of clinical samples and cohorts
Job Responsibilities (Include But Not Limited To):
- Participate in educational activities of pathology residents and fellows.
- Participate in educational activities of medical students.
- Serve as a mentor for graduate and medical students, residents, fellows and faculty who are interested in or pursue basic/clinical or applied research.
- Collaborate with other investigators throughout the University
- Participate in Department of Pathology hospital committees and working groups.
- Maintain high standards of professional services so that the Department of Pathology will maintain the JCAHO/CAP/CLIA accreditation.
- Maintain NIH funded research program focused on HIV/AIDS
- Participate in Medical School committees related to CFAR missions, research mentoring and clinical studies.
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: