Sr. Researcher - Tenure-Eligible. Full Professor or Promotion-Eligible, 12-month appointment Location:
Tulsa, OKOpen Date:
Oct 20, 2023Description:Direct Supervisor:
Tenure-Eligible. Full Professor or Promotion-Eligible, 12-month appointment Title/Rank:
Full Professor or Promotion EligiblePrimary Location:
OU Health Science Center in Tulsa, OKPOSITION DESCRIPTION
Supports the strategic plan of the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, the College of Allied Health, and OU Health Sciences Center through mentoring, teaching, research/scholarship, and service activitiesResearch/Scholarship:
- Maintain an organized, viable, and fundable research agenda using internal and external collaborations and resources.
- Procure internal and external grant funding to support individual and/or team-based research projects.
- Maintain a consistent record of research dissemination activities to include publications and presentations through local, national and international opportunities.
- Mentor professional and post-professional students in research activities.
- Primary teaching responsibilities within post-professional and graduate programs (Doctor of Science, PhD)
- Participate in the curriculum design, delivery, and accreditation processes for post-professional and graduate programs
- Advise and mentor students in post-professional and graduate programs.
- Deliver courses with innovative and evidence-based teaching methods.
- Participate as a leader in University, College, Department, and Program committees.
- Participate in grant review groups and/or active roles in professional associations at national level.
Preferences (Not Required)
- Physical Therapist (PT) or Occupational Therapist (OT) with an earned academic doctoral degree with a research focus that prepares the candidate for independent research and mentoring. Individuals who are not PT or OT, but with a degree that strongly complements rehabilitation sciences (such as Public Health, other healthcare degrees, bioengineering, etc.), and has evidence of related teaching, practice or research experience, may be considered.
- Established research program with current/recent funding that aligns with department, college and university research priorities and strategic plans.
- Experience with teaching in graduate programs.
- Evidence of successful mentoring of PhD students, MS students, and/or post-doctoral scholars.
- Experience with course and curriculum design.
Applicants are required to provide a CV and Cover Letter to apply.interfolio.com/134152.
If there are any questions pertaining to this position, please call Deborah Martin at (405) 271-2288, ext. 43419 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, or health care services that the University operates or provides.Diversity Statement
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving an equitable, diverse, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.Mission of the University of Oklahoma
The Mission of the University of Oklahoma is to provide the best possible educational experience for our students through excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service to the state and society.