Under the direction of supervisor, the incumbent will assist the principal investigators in a variety of research tasks related to clinical research: biobanking, tissue sequencing, and clinical trials . These tasks will include (but are not restricted to): biospecimen handling and transport, cellular and biological research experiments, abstracting information from clinical records; creating, entering data into, and maintaining a research database; recruiting research subjects; assisting in the preparation of research and administrative reports; preparing follow-up reports for patients while on study; submitting human subjects documentation; and monitoring compliance with human subjects regulations.Essential Functions:
- Perform and assist with subject recruitment, including initial screening
- Assist with tissue and cellular laboratory studies.
- Assist with data entry and database management
- Assist with database management
- Ensures appropriate study testing, and adequate enrollment of multicenter clinical trials, longitudinal cohort studies, local investigator-initiated studies, and biorepository efforts.
- Conduct study specific procedures including but not limited to:
- Consenting patients for non-interventional research studies
- Interviewing patients
- Generating patient correspondence
- Assist in performing statistical analysis of data
- Assist in preparation of new IRB applications and shepherd through to completion; arrange paperwork for renewal of existing protocols; respond to IRB requests for revisions; and coordinate protocol changes with study sponsors.
- Maintain detailed record of work performed
- Coordinate amendment updates and maintain study files
- Ensure all CHR documents are up to date.
- Assist with preparation of grant applications, including revisions and progress reports, manuscript and scientific abstract preparation; additional administrative tasks as assigned
- Abstract information from clinical records
- Administer questionnaires and surveys
- Obtain, organize, file, and retrieve reports, correspondence, and numerical data for use in preparing status reports, briefings, and presentations
- Submit human subjects documentation and monitor compliance with human subjects regulations
- Assist Principal Investigators in implementing day-to-day research activities
- Perform other duties as assigned including administrative tasks such as formatting tables and reports and organizing group meetings
- B.A. / B.S.
- Prior experience with research in the hard sciences, clinical sciences, or social sciences, including prior academic research experience, e.g. college-level research
- Strong oral/written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience with word processing and database software, such as Microsoft Access and Excel
- Proficiency in conducting literature searches
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to achieve desired goals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
The hourly range for this position is $24.11 - $28.87.
- Requisition Number: STAFF001262
- Job Category: Staff Research Assoc
- Schedule: Full-Time