At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while taking science a step beyond through research, development and delivery of life-changing therapies. With clinical trials conducted in 100+ countries and ongoing development of novel frameworks for clinical research through our PPD clinical research portfolio, our work spans laboratory, digital and decentralized clinical trial services. Your determination to deliver quality and accuracy will improve health outcomes that people and communities depend on - now and in the future.Location/Division Specific Information
Our global Clinical Operations colleagues within our PPD® clinical research services provide end-to-end support for clinical trials from study start up to monitoring through to study close out, across commercial and government contracts. Together, we help clients define and develop clinical programs, minimize delays, and complete high-quality, cost-efficient clinical studies.Discover Impactful Work:
Supports the Early Development Clinic in the overall conduct of multiple, ongoing clinical trials involving an in-patient setting, ensuring patient safety and participation during the study process.A day in the Life:
Keys to Success:Education
- Reviews inclusion/exclusion criteria with patients to ensure eligibility to participate in study. Interacts with Principal Investigator for inclusion/exclusion review of patient data. Reviews and witnesses the consenting process for subjects. Prepares study-specific documents for applicable study visit.
- Ensures the safety of patients by monitoring and assessing AEs, if any, and communicating potentially serious findings to investigators.
- Performs all procedures in the treatment areas (i.e., check-ins, gauze management, administration of drug, blood draws, ECGs, vital signs, etc.). Monitors staff to assure adherence to GCP, ICH, FDA, and OSHA guidelines.
- Attends initiation meetings when necessary to obtain study process clarification.
- Monitors and continuously evaluates the overall research experience of each patient to assure a positive experience.
- Performs other study-related duties as qualified by documented training.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- ADN from an accredited institution/active RN or LVN license to practice
- Technical positions may require a certificate
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 6 years). Bachelors degree preferred.
- In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and interact with all levels of staff, clients, and subjects in a positive and professional manner
- Strong planning and organizational capabilities to balance multiple tasks and study groups at one time
- Basic digital literacy, good handwriting and attention to detail
- Ability to administer investigational drugs or test investigational devices intravenously, topically, or by other approved methods of dosing
- Ability to learn and perform a variety of technical procedures such as drawing blood, processing and harvesting lab specimens, taking vital signs, performing ECGs, etc.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to medical emergency scenarios, in accordance with ACLS guidelines, established emergency protocols, and Investigator instructions
Thermo Fisher Scientific values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to build a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple projects or activities.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Accessibility/Disability Access
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.