ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organization. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organizations.
With our patients at the center of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.Overview of the role:Title:
Clinical Research Nurse CoordinatorLocation
: On-Site, Lombard ILSummary:
The CRC Nurse is responsible for completing trial assignments in an autonomous, accurate, and timely manner. This position involves staff development and training responsibilities.Essential Functions:
Promoting the mission of Accellacare to function as an Integrated Site Network providing unparalleled service to our clinical trial partners. Actively striving to meet and exceed action items as discussed quarterly with direct supervisor. Adhering to the study protocol and maintaining proper documentation according to the protocol, regulatory requirements, and internal SOP's. Preparing and administering study medication at the direction of the Investigator. Training site personnel on clinical procedures and CPR/Heartsaver.Responsibilities:
What You Need:
- Performing technical and clinical requirements of study protocols, i.e., venipuncture, specimen processing, vital signs, electrocardiograms, IV infusions, IV pump operations, Holtor monitoring, pulmonary function testing, allergy testing, urine/serum pregnancy testing, strep throat screening, injections (IM or SQ) or any procedure necessary for the protocol as ordered by the investigator.
- Attending investigator meetings, site initiation visits, and coordinator meetings to obtain training on drug preparation and administration and general knowledge about a protocol with a focus on clinical procedures.
- Obtaining knowledge about the study drugs with an emphasis on injection or intravenous infusion medications.
- Monitoring for possible complications with the administration of study drugs with an emphasis on injections or intravenous infusions.
- Maintaining accurate dispensing logs, separate from those of the coordinator, to include such information as lot number, drug vs. placebo, and information about the third party mixer or un-blinded mixer/preparer of medication.
- Documenting laboratory data and adverse reactions, and immediately notifying investigators, sponsors and the Institutional Review Board, if indicated, of any unexpected or serious events.
- Assisting other staff members as determined by the needs and priorities of the research organization and as time and abilities permit.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- LPN, RN, or 4 year degree or equivalent preferably within Biology, Pharmacology, Clinical Research or a health-related field of study
- Clinical Research Nurse Coordinators should be certified or working towards certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That's why we've made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals- both ours and yours. We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans- and related benefits such as life assurance- so you and save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you'll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfill your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Visit our careers site (https://careers.iconplc.com/benefits) to read more about the benefits ICON offers.