Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.Description
The Division of Research in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Emory University seeks an experienced Clinical Research Nurse III to complement their research team as we conduct a large, randomized controlled trial designed to test care models for reducing postpartum complications. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and motivated professional with experience working in a multidisciplinary team. Duties will include proper conduct of the initiation of clinical research protocols, successful participant recruitment, monitoring, and follow-up, data collection and entry, specimen collection via phlebotomy, conducting telehealth visits, completion of regulatory documentation for review by the IRB, Offices of Clinical Research and Compliance, and other agencies, and liaison building with internal and external collaborators, sponsors, and regulatory committees. Experience with Emory and Grady regulatory committees is beneficial and candidates with previous women's health research experience will be given priority. Our team values diversity, equity and inclusion to best address disparities and promote health equity. The primary work location for this position is downtown Atlanta at Grady Hospital.
- Functions as an expert research nurse or coordinates a multi-center trial.
- Provides direction in auditing and monitoring activities.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary researchers to establish research programs that integrate new advances in clinical trials management.
- Develops and conducts patient and family education.
- Provides leadership and expertise in identifying and writing research grants, publications in medical and nursing literature, study materials, brochures and correspondence.
- Conducts ongoing training of clinical trials staff, providing updated information on internal processes and resources and external benchmarks.
- For multi-site studies, ensures sites fully understand and comply with study protocol and provides training of site coordinators and/or supervision of site coordinators.
- Actively participates in planning and evaluation processes to improve and advance clinical research within the organization.
- Leads or chairs committees or task forces to address and resolve significant operational issues.
- Along with Principal Investigator, may represent a study at Patient Safety Monitoring Board meetings at the NIH.
- Regularly functions as a preceptor or mentor.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia.
- Four years research nursing experience or four years of clinical nursing experience in a related specialty and two years of research nursing experience.
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA) or Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) preferred.
- Must be credentialed through Emory Healthcare in RN II category.
- Previous research experience in a team setting, preference given to those with clinical trial experience
- Previous experience in successful research recruitment of participants
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Redcap, and Excel
- Experience with Epic EHR systems, MyChart, and telehealth modalities
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to produce high quality work independently
- Highly motivated with strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate in a cross-functional environment
- Women's, minority and reproductive health experience will be given priority
NOTE: Position tasks are generally required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location. Remote work from home day options may be granted at department discretion. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!Job Number
116715 Job Type
Regular Full-Time Division
School Of Medicine Department
SOM: GYN OB: Research This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues:
Working with human blood, body fluids, tissues, or other potentially infectious materials. Job Category
Research & Research Administration Campus Location (For Posting) : City
Atlanta Location : Name