- Participates as a member of the patient care team by providing direct patient care under the supervision of the RN.
- Maintains accountability for meeting basic physical, psychosocial and environmental needs of the patient.
- Performs any and all duties involving direct patient care as assigned by the RN within guidelines provided by the Maryland Nurse Practice Act and hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs unit documentation which is timely, accurate, concise, legible, and in accordance with performance standards and guidelines for use of the clinical information system.
- Maintains effective communication with all levels of the patient care team utilizing lines of authority appropriately.
When you come to the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you're coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 218-bed suburban Baltimore, Maryland campus. You're embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority. Joining our team of healthcare professionals means you'll be contributing to a locally and nationally recognized institution. UM St. Joseph has been recognized by The Leapfrog Group as a grade 'A' hospital and by U.S. News & World Report as #3 in both the state and Baltimore Metro area, making UM St. Joseph the highest-ranking community hospital in Maryland. In addition, we've been consistently recognized as a top employer by Baltimore magazine.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Practical Nursing, current licensure by the Maryland State Board of Nurses. Recent appropriate nursing practice (within past 5 years) or refresher course within the past six (6) months. American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required upon hire.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.