ADULT SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST POSITION
(ASSISTANT CLINICAL PROFESSOR, NON-TENURE ELIGIBLE)
The Roxelyn and Richard Pepper Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Northwestern University is searching for a full-time speech-language pathologist to join the dynamic team of clinical faculty as an assistant clinical professor. The successful applicant will be responsible for provision of clinical care, supervision of graduate students, and support of research and educational missions of the Department's Center for Audiology, Speech, Language, and Learning and the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
The position will be primarily housed in the Voice, Speech, Language Service and Swallowing Center located on Northwestern's downtown Chicago medical campus. The Center provides specialized care to inpatients and outpatients at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and serves as an exceptional educational setting for graduate students. The Center has strong partnerships with world-renowned research scientists housed within the Northwestern University Communication and Sciences Disorders Department. Employment term:
A 12-month appointment beginning July 1, 2023, renewable on an annual basis. Qualifications:
- Earned Master's, SLPD or Ph.D. in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Eligibility for Illinois SLP licensure.
- Diverse experience in the management of speech, language, voice, cognitive, and swallowing disorders.
- Modified Barium Swallowing Impairment Profile (MBSImP) registration preferred.
- Provide exceptional, evidence-based diagnosis and treatment for patients in an acute-care hospital setting.
- Perform and interpret diagnostic videofluoroscopic swallow studies, Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing.
- Develop the clinical skills of graduate students via direct instruction and supervision within a team-based educational model.
- Assist in student advising and other activities related to student development. Participate in professional activities and service to the University, community, and the profession.
Commensurate with experience. Application procedure:
Applications will only be accepted via online submission to our faculty recruiting system. Please include the following materials in your application: cover letter, current vitae, and the name and email addresses of three (3) references. Email your questions to the department at email@example.com . For more information about the Department, please visit: https://communication.northwestern.edu/communication-sciences- and- disorders/ . Closing Date:
Ongoing until position is filled. Review of applications will begin immediately. The School:
The School of Communication has five departments and offers a suite of interdisciplinary undergraduate, professional, and graduate programs. The departments span the communication arts and sciences including the Department of Radio-Television-Film, the Roxelyn and Richard Pepper Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, the Department of Communication Studies, the Department of Performance Studies, and the Department of Theatre (which includes music theatre and dance). The faculty of over 180 includes 99 tenure-eligible faculty. The school offers instruction to roughly 1000 undergraduate majors and 650 graduate and professional students. Founded over 144 years ago, the School has been a leader in developing communication disciplines and professions, and continues to be a center of excellence in the communication arts and sciences. Our current Dean is E. Patrick Johnson. The University:
Northwestern University is one of the nation's largest private research universities. Located on the shore of Lake Michigan, the main campus is in Evanston and the medical and law campus is 12 miles south in downtown Chicago. There is continuing expansion of University facilities and programs, particularly in the sciences and medicine. Diverse cultural, social, and recreational activities abound on and near each campus. Department:
SoC Comm Sciences & Disorders
Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
- Applications will only be accepted via online submission (see link below).
- Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
- Please also prepare a list of names and email addresses for your external academic references; your references will be contacted directly by the online system and invited to upload their letters on your behalf.
- All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the Submit button.
- Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.
Applications accepted here: Apply for Job
Northwestern strongly recommends COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters for people who can obtain them as a critical tool for minimizing severe illness. More information can be found on the COVID-19 and Campus Updates webpage.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.