The Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine in the Department of Medicine is seeking a qualified candidate for an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) position in a critical care role at Texas Children's Hospital Pavilion for Women in the Texas Medical Center. This APP will provide medical care to patients with complex acute, critical, and/or chronic health conditions in pregnant patients in the hospital setting in one or more specialized areas under the direction of a physician. The candidate will be required to provide clinical excellence, scholarly enthusiasm, and be a team player with good communication skills.
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of patients throughout the continuum in the inpatient setting based on age and diagnosis, including psychological status.
- Perform and document detailed history and physicals, order diagnostic studies and prescribe medications.
- Assist and perform therapeutic procedures like PICC lines, midlines, central and arterial lines in ICU as well as acute floor.
- Collaborate with attending physicians on daily rounds and follow up throughout the day.
- Proficient use of an EMR in the delivery of care.
- Coordinate with various members of consulting services for patient care
- Develop a trusting relationship with families and provide patient and family education throughout the stay
- Comply with accepted medical standards and safety standards.
- Assist rapid response and code response teams.
- Assist in Nursing education, simulations as well as hands-on ultrasound training.
- This position requires working in Critical Care and acute care Units.
- Shift work with 12-hour Day shifts, holiday and weekends coverage would be required
- Graduate from an Accredited School of Physician Assistant Studies/Accredited Master of Science in Nursing Program
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGAC-NP) by the Board of Nurse Examiners in the State of Texas or Physician Assistant license by the Texas Medical Board
- Board certified and/or board eligible
- Advanced Cardiovascular life support certified (ACLS)
- Inpatient medicine or critical care experience
- OB ICU experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.