Job DetailsJob Location
Albemarle Campus - Albemarle, NC Position Type
Faculty-Staff Education Level
OTD Travel Percentage
None Job Shift
Day Job Category
Pfeiffer University seeks qualified candidates to fill the role of Occupational Therapy Faculty-Lifespan, Psychosocial, and Physical Disabilities for the Master of Science in Occupational Therapy Program. The position is a 12-month, full-time appointment (August-July). The successful candidate will assist with coordination, development, and assessment of the burgeoning graduate occupational therapy program within the Graduate School in addition to teaching, advising, conducting research and experiential learning experiences, The Occupational Therapy Faculty is expected to support the overall mission and vision of Pfeiffer University through excellence In teaching and advising students. A commitment to the principles of servant leadership, working with Graduate/Adult students and involvement in university and community service is required.
Supervisor responsibilities include Occupational Therapy students in experiential learning settings and classroom lecture/lab. Mentor other faculty in areas of strengths; assist with orientation of newer faculty.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching In area of expertise and variety of courses.
- Contribute to curricular content.
- Supervising Graduate research projects.
- Active participation in student advisement and service to the University, community and profession.
- Under the direction of the program director, perform academic responsibilities to fulfill compliance with A COTE requirements. Develop and maintain scholarship agendas in program, college and community.
- As permitted, participate in international partnerships.
- Participate in service and leadership aqendas in program, colleqe, and community.
- Supervise Occupational therapy students in experiential learning settings and classroom lecture/lab.
- Mentor other faculty in areas of strengths; assist with orientation of newer faculty.
Pfeiffer University is a private comprehensive university affiliated with the United Methodist Church known both for a distinctive undergraduate residential experience and for an outstanding array of graduate, undergraduate and continuing education offerings for professional adults. The Graduate School offers programs at locations in Albemarle, Charlotte, Raleigh and online. The innovative delivery approach requires faculty with a commitment to student engagement.
The Occupational Therapy program Is housed in a newly constructed facility along with the Physician Assistant Studies program with state of the art simulation hospital/lab and cadaver lab. Interprofessional seminars will be conducted with various disciplines (Nursing, Physician Assistant, Marriage Family Counselors, etc.) as part of the applied health curriculum.
- Earned doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc, OTD) from an accredited institution NBCOT certification and eligible for NC licensure.
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience.
- Teaching experience In higher education and online curricula. Expertise In lifespan, psychosocial, and physical disabilities.