Substitute/Substitute Nurse Date Posted:
District wide Date Available:
Continuous Hire Closing Date:
Continuous Hire Substitute Nurses - District Wide 2023-2024 School Year Compensation: $22.00 an hourQUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current Registered Nursing (RN) License to practice in New York State or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) working under the supervision of a district Registered Nurse (RN).
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Experience in pediatrics and/or public health
- School nursing or acute care setting experience preferred
- Knowledge of diabetes treatment, insulin pumps and pens
- Seizure management
- Good communication skills
- Ability to perform skilled nursing skills, including catheterizations, gastronomy care, tube feedings, insulin administration, and nebulizer treatments
- Substitute School Nurses provide health services for students and staff and may be required to consult on immediate health-related issues for students, staff, and families, including providing appropriate documentation and reporting back to the School Nurse, Building Principal, and/or Nurse Coordinator.
- Substitute School Nurse responsibilities include, but may not be limited to,
- Administration of medication and treatments
- Providing care for illnesses and accidents
- Following Individualized Health Plans and emergency care plans
- Providing appropriate documentation of encounters.
- Substitute School Nurses are expected to coordinate with Building Administration and the Nurse Coordinator to communicate and collaborate with students, school staff, parents, and community-based providers, as appropriate.
- Protect and maintain student's health by providing professional nursing services in accordance with Nursing Standards and NYS licensing.
- Provides first aid and emergency treatment of injuries to students and school personnel.
- Dispenses medication as ordered by physician and requested by parent/guardian in accordance with NYS Administration of Medication in the school setting.
- Documenting health services provided in accordance with the NYS Nurse Practice Act, including reporting back to the School Nurse, Building Principal, and Nurse Coordinator, as appropriate.
- Completing student and staff insurance/accident reports.