School Nurse-Registered/School Nurse-Registered Date Posted:
John G. Conyers Learning Academy, Rolling Meadows, Date Available:
School Nurse - Registered
Full-Time, 6.5 hours per day, 192 days per year,22-23 school year $28.94 base
Excellent BenefitsJOB DESCRIPTION
REPORTS TO: Building Principal / Coordinator of Health Services
ANNUAL WORK DAYS: Based on official school calendar
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide illness care, first-aid care and basic emergency care to students according to the policies and procedures of the school district.
• Maintain student immunization and health records.
• Manage student health screenings.
• Develop health care plans for students.
• Manage and maintain the school health office.
• Administer and maintain medication as directed by the student's parent, physician, the district's policies and procedures and IL law.
• Monitor students during periods of short-term rest and recovery.
• Perform other duties related to the job summary, as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
• Required current Illinois Registered Nurse License
• Required Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
• Required current certification in CPR
• Preferred Bilingual - Spanish
• Preferred certification by Illinois Department of Public Health in vision and hearing screening.
• Preferred school-based experience
- Registered School Nurse.docx