Substitute Teacher/Nurse Date Posted:
Greater Egg Harbor Regional HS District Date Available:
Following Board Approval Closing Date:
Continuous SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL NURSE APPLICATION PROCESSThank you for your interest in the position of substitute school nurse with the Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District. Our district offers an "on call as needed" position to our substitute nurses at a flat rate of $250.00 per day, no benefits. A prospective applicant must have either a NJ educational school nursing certificate, a substitute school nurse certificate or be eligible to apply for a substitute school nurse certificate. To be eligible to apply for a substitute certificate, the applicant must have completed at least 60 college credits. Substitute school nurses must also hold a NJ Registered Nurse license from the State of NJ. ALL applicants must be cleared by the New Jersey Criminal History Review Unit for this district and be approved by our Board of Education. Substitute school nurse certificates issued from the State of NJ are valid for 5 years.PROCEDURE FOR APPLICANTS APPLYING TO BE A SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL NURSE:
For technical support with the state application, call 609-292-2070 or email GeneralCertQuestionsNJEdCert@doe.nj.gov.You will need the following information to complete your application to the state:
- If you do not have a current NJ school nurse or substitute school nurse certificate, you must first apply online for a NJ substitute school nurse certificate at NJ Educator Certification to complete your substitute credential, oath of allegiance and pay the $125 application fee. Choose 'Apply Now'. When asked 'What Kind of Teaching Certificate', select 'Credential'. You will then need to choose the specific certificate: School Nurse Substitute. (PLEASE SEE ATTACHED PDF PROVIDED BY THE ATLANTIC COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION FOR A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO THE SUBSTITUTE APPLICATION PROCESS WITH THE STATE)
ALL candidates must ALSO complete THIS District Substitute School Nurse application and include the following items with your district application:
- Criminal History Clearance uploaded to the application (fingerprint approval from the Department of Education Only)
- Transcripts must be requested electronically directly from the college/university/clearinghouse and sent to AtlanticCoSubstitutes@doe.nj.gov Most institutions will require applicants to select "Other" in order to manually enter this email address. DO NOT have transcripts sent to the school district or to yourself.
- New Jersey RN license
- Military verification (if applicable and requesting a fee waiver)
- If applying for a new substitute school nurse certificate, please provide the case number issued by NJEdCert that is provided upon completion of your online application with the state
- PDF of your unofficial college/university transcripts uploaded to the district application.
- If you currently hold a valid NJ school nurse certificate or substitute nurse certificate, please upload a PDF copy of your certificate (you will also need to provide your tracking/certificate number on the application)
- PDF of your New Jersey RN license uploaded to your application
- Upon submission of the district substitute school nurse application, you will be emailed a NJ Fingerprint Background Check form. Once completed and submitted, you will be contacted by our District Office to process the application. You will be required to pay the necessary fees assessed by the state at that time (please have a debit or credit card available). Your application will not move forward until you have completed the Fingerprint Application Form and have a scheduled appointment to be printed or have your fingerprints archived. PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE THIS PROCESS ON YOUR OWN.
- When references have responded and your application is complete, you will be contacted by a district administrator for an interview.
PLEASE KEEP THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR FILE
- All substitute nursing candidates are required to have a Mantoux (TB) test performed by a medical provider of their choice. The district will accept results on forms provided by your medical provider or the district can provide candidates with a form (attached) for their medical provider to complete. If you have had a Mantoux test performed within the last 6 months, those results can be accepted. (Please see attached district form that you can share wth your medical provider.)
- You will receive notification of your board approval, with additional instructions to complete the hiring process.
- Once board approved, you will be provided with an ID badge, an AESOP/Frontline Absence Management login, a district email address and will be required to complete annual online training for this district in order to become an active substitute nurse in this district.
- Mantoux Test Form.pdf
- Sub Steps for NJEdCert App.pdf