Job DetailsJob Location
Wheeling University - Wheeling, WV Position Type
The Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Wheeling University invites applications for full time core faculty position.
We seek individuals with expertise in any of the following fields of study: anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, pathophysiology, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, or healthcare business. Our program uses a problem-based learning approach where student-centered learning is paramount.
The successful candidate will be expected to be an effective facilitator and will teach a variety of courses a term, including service learning. The successful candidate will be a core faculty member in the Department of Physical Therapy and will expected to accept responsibilities on committees within the committee and on campus, attend department and term meetings, student academic advising, student research advising, and other duties as assigned. The candidate will need a current physical therapy license valid within the United States. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Serve as a mentor/academic adviser to students.
- Teach courses within the Physical Therapy department.
- Ability to teach courses in person and online.
- Participates in assigned committee work, attends departmental meetings and shares in curricular design and outcomes assessment.
- Perform other assigned and related tasks as directed by the Director, Physical Therapy or Vice President of Academic Affairs.
All applicants must provide the following:
- Recent peer reviewed published research in a related subject is required.
- Previous experience teaching in a student-center learning environment.
- Willingness to become a core member of a problem-based learning environment.
- A current curriculum vitae (cv).
- A listing of prior courses taught, the dates when the courses were taught, and the locations where they were taught.
- A copy of transcripts from all schools awarding degrees to the applicant (official copies preferred).
- A copy of a current Physical Therapy license
- Evidence of a completed terminal academic degree.
- A list of references to include three (3) personal/professional references and contacts at prior places of employment listed on the c.v.