School Nurse/School Nurse Date Posted:
District Wide Date Available:
08/21/2023 Job Summary:
The Certified School Nurse works with the building administration and staff to provide health services that are designed to modify or remove health-related barriers that affect the academic and social emotional development of individual students. The Certified School Nurse provides preventative health services such as health education, referrals, and basic care in order to prevent serious health problems and manage current conditions. The Certified School Nurse may participate in Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings, taking the responsibility for collecting, evaluating, interpreting, communicating health related information, and making appropriate educational recommendations as necessary. The Certified School Nurse is also responsible for maintaining health files for all students. The school nurse provides services for multiple school sites.Qualifications:
- Must hold a valid and current State of Illinois Professional Educator License with a school nurse endorsement;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required;
- Vision and hearing screening certification preferred;
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form;
- Ability to proficiently use MS Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and MS Outlook;
- Courteous and respectful when dealing with others;
- Must have a valid State of Illinois driver's license; and
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary of $48,304; (Please click the link to view the current (Salary Schedule);
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a competitive benefits package;
- Employee assistance program offered to employees and their immediate family members;
- Qualified candidates may be granted up to twenty years of verified full-time teaching experience for credit on the salary schedule;
- We offer a mentoring program for teachers who are new to the District.
- Work Hours: Pre-Kindergarten to Grade Five Buildings: 8:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Middle School Buildings: 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m
Submit application on-line www.district130.orgCook County School District 130 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.