Student Support Services Date Posted:
TBD POSITION: Substitute School Nurse
LOCATION: To Be Determined Please apply through the APPLITRACKS link at www.troup.orgPolicy Level:
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONSDescriptor Code: Rescinds Code: Descriptor Term:
NON-CERTIFIED PERSONNEL SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL NURSEEffective Date: Dec. 2020Non-ExemptQualifications:
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current Georgia Nursing License
- Current CPR Certification
- Knowledge of school health procedures
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills.
Coordinator of Health ServicesSupervises:
N/ATerms of Employment:
To be determined by The Board of EducationSalary: Job Goal:
To facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote heath and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; by actively collaborating with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self-management, self-advocacy and learning. Provide age-appropriate, culturally & ethically sensitive care. Maintain a safe environment. Educate parents, staff and students about healthy practices and treatment modalities. Coordinate care across settings and among caregivers. Manage information. Communicate effectively. Utilize technology. Support the district's mission ensuring all students are provided a safe, secure, and wholesome learning environment.Performance Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist with maintaining the school clinic.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities as specified by the designated nurse.
- Rotate schedule between schools as needed.
- Follow all rules and regulations of the assigned school.
- Coordinate health care for students with chronic illnesses.
- Provide student training and education as needed or required.
- Provide care for students and staff illness and accidents.
- Administer medications and treatments as ordered.
- Provides care based on individual health care plans and individual emergency care plans.
- Consult with local physicians regarding health care problems as needed.
- Maintain all necessary documentation.
- Follows communicable disease policy and procedures.
- Adheres to all COVID-19 guidelines set forth by CDC, DPH and TCSS.
- Perform other health related duties as assigned.
System evaluation form completed by Supervisor.