The Headlands Research - AMCR Institute is dedicated to attracting, nurturing, and retaining patients and staff in order to carry out outstanding metabolic research. Our volunteers, sponsors, partners, and staff enjoy working together in an environment of mutual respect that fosters personal growth and optimal health. We passionately believe that the participation of a few in clinical research studies can make a difference to the many that suffer from chronic metabolic conditions. We strive to be the best at what we do and at all times be meticulous in all our practices placing the care, safety, and confidentiality of our volunteers first. Excellence in clinical research, accelerating access to treatments that change lives.
Together with Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We're an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, Headlands Research is in high growth mode; we operate 15 clinical trial sites in the US and Canada and have rapid expansion plans.
AMCR is looking for a Clinical Research Licensed Practical Nurse (see other posting for RN) to be responsible and accountable for the direct care of a group of research subjects during a designated time frame. The Clinical Research Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is a licensed clinical professional working with and under the direction of the Principal Investigator, Assistant Director, Lead Research Nurse, and in close conjunction with the Clinical Project Manager on early or late phases of clinical trials related to the treatment of diabetes. The Clinical Research Nurse is an integral member of the clinical trial team and assumes responsibility and accountability for the direct research care of a group of research subjects during a designated time frame. Nursing practice is focused on subject's safety, IV placement and management, data collection, research subject's satisfaction, and teamwork.
Position Type: PRN/Per Diem (Shift may range from 4 to 12 hours)
Pay Range: $32-$45/hr
Location: Escondido, CA
Work Schedule: Mondays through Fridays, 8:00am to 8:00pm (Shift may range from 4 to 12 hours)
- Research / Regulatory:
- Contributes to data collection by adhering to "Good Documentation Practices"
- Documents in detail the data obtained following AMCR Institute's Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Competently recognizes signs and symptoms of Hypoglycemia, Hyperglycemia, and Ketosis and alerts the lead coordinator and clinician.
- Working knowledge of research protocol to understand the science behind the study.
- Assists research staff in specimen processing: spinning, pipetting, and analyzing using the YSI glucose instrument.
- Discharge research subject upon completion of in-clinic visit following the "Glycemic Discharge Protocol for AMCR Institute".
- Conducts a centered research subject assessment focusing on safety and venous access placement.
- Using aseptic technique, identifies the largest accessible vein and starts intravenous placement (IV) on adults and pediatric research subjects. Number of IV lines depending on the research design. May place two (2) IV lines on the same arm and/or another line on the opposite arm. "Please refer to attached Venous Access Protocol".
- Using aseptic technique, changes IV bags PRN and adjust infusion pumps flow rate.
- Employs strategies in maintaining subject's safety: monitoring heating pad temperature, awareness of blood glucose levels, phlebitis.
- Administers research drugs and/or medications as ordered by a clinician.
- Using aseptic technique, assists research staff in blood drawing using a 3-way stopcock method.
- Assists research staff with performing vital signs and EKG tracings.
- Provides the tools and necessary support to subjects in learning their diabetes management responsibilities in accordance with the protocol.
- Provides nursing support to staff regarding diabetes issues as needed.
- Organizes and prioritizes workload to effectively accomplish goals.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with clinicians, nursing and research staff, and research subjects.
- Check-in and report with the Lead Research Coordinator and/or RN at the start and end of each shift and provide a complete outgoing report.
- Sign / initial / and date all documents that were worked on during shift prior to leaving.
- Must have current and unencumbered LPN license in the state of California
- CPR certification required (ACLS preferred)
- 3+ years clinical experience as an LPN strongly preferred (less may be considered depending on clinical rotations or type of experience)
- IV skills and phlebotomy experience required
- Experience in frequent, timed, venous sampling preferred
- Experience with diabetes-related medical devices a plus
- Experience in diabetes management and/or clinical trials a plus
Req ID: 2023-1289
External Company URL: www.headlandsresearch.com/
Street: 625 W Citracado Pkwy