If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here (https://www.myworkday.com/umiami/d/task/1422$7248.htmld) to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet (https://my.it.miami.edu/wda/erpsec/tipsheets/ER_eRecruiting_ApplyforaJob.pdf) .
Up to $25,000 Sign-on Bonus
Work Locations: UHealth Tower
The Registered Nurse 2 delivers patient-family centered care in a culturally competent manner utilizing evidence-based standards of quality, safety, and service while ensuring population-specific patient care. The Registered Nurse 2 - On Call (U) oversees nurses and allied health staff in their daily practice.
- Assesses assigned patients and evaluates plans to include documentation of nursing care. Reports symptoms and changes in patients' condition and vital signs. Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses, conditions and physician orders. Reviews, evaluates and reports diagnostic tests to assess patient's condition.
- Consults with physicians and other healthcare professionals related to assigned patients to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans. Prepares patients for, and assists with examinations, procedures and treatments.
- Considers patient age and culture during patient treatments and provides any needed information regarding treatment plan.
- Nurtures a compassionate environment by providing psychological support. Performs appropriate patient tests and safely administers medications within the scope of practice.
- Administers and maintains accurate records related to medications and treatments as per regulatory bodies, policies, procedures and physician orders.
- Communicates plan of care in a timely manner to patient and family, as well as the appropriate team members, ensuring compliance with all regulatory guidelines (i.e. HIPAA). Uses best practices for transition of patient care.
- Uses available resources to assist in discharge planning. Plans, prioritizes, and adjusts assignments to accomplish goals and render superior patient care; seeks assistance when needed. Adapts to changing work demands and environment.
- Safely operates medical equipment. Serves as a preceptor and assists new staff in the provision of care in order to help them acclimate to the healthcare environment, and a direct patient care role. Provides concise and constructive feedback when needed. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, Bachelor's degree (BSN) preferred. RNs hired with an Associates (ASN) degree have 2 years to complete the BSN degree.
Certification and Licensing:
- Valid Florida Registered Nurse License, ACLS, BLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- Minimum 2 years of Nursing experience. Cardiovascular/Cath Lab/Critical Care experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (i.e. sanitation, decontamination etc.)
- Excellent patient experience skills
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here (https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/eo-ada/index.html) for additional information.
The mission of the University of Miami is to transform lives through education, research, innovation, and service. A vibrant and diverse academic and healthcare community, the University of Miami and the University of Miami Health System ("UHealth") have rapidly progressed to become one of the nation's top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation.
The University comprises 12 schools and colleges serving undergraduate and graduate students in more than 350 majors and programs. Visit welcome.miami.edu/about-um to learn more about our points of pride.
The University ranks No. 55 on U.S. News & World Report's 2022 Best Colleges list and ranked No. 49 in the 2022 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings.
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute is ranked the #1 eye hospital in the USA and offers some of the nation's premiere eye doctors to treat every eye condition for adults. Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer, part of the Miller School of Medicine, received the prestigious National Cancer Institute designation in 2019.
The University of Miami and UHealth have also ranked among the Forbes Best Employers and Best Employers for Women on several occasions, most recently in 2022.
With more than 17,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.