University Behavioral Health of Denton is a private freestanding psychiatric hospital specializing in mental health and chemical dependency care.
Serving North Texas and surrounding areas, UBH Denton has provided a range of programs treating mental health illnesses and substance abuse issues since 2005. Our inpatient and outpatient psychiatric services offer supportive and compassionate care for adolescents and adults with specialty programs that are tailored to meet the needs of our patients.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment that puts patient care first while also having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career. There is also opportunity for overtime and to cover various shifts if interested. Website: Shift:
7pm - 7:30am Position Summary:
The Registered Nurse is a licensed professional nurse who prescribes, coordinates, and evaluates patient care through collaborative efforts with health team members in accordance with the nursing process and the standards of care and practices. Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all staff members deliver care in accordance with the Standards of Care and Practice.
- Makes assignments that reflect the competence of staff and patient needs. Ensures that an assignment sheet is filled out every shift.
- Implement hospital policies and procedures and act as a resource to the staff.
- Responsibilities for compliance with the Joint Commission, state and regulatory standards and patient rights standards.
- Ensure Infection Control, Safety and Risk Management policies and procedures are consistently implemented
- Completes a nursing notes and patient interview according to hospital policy.
- Documents patient information and nursing care in the provision of nursing services.
- Identifies patient problems based upon data collected through nursing assessment as well as integrating information obtained through family, significant other, and/ or primary caregiver.
- Establishes priorities based on nursing assessment, problems identified, and estimated length of stay while developing short- and long-term goals and desired outcomes on an individual basis.
- Participate in quality assurance programs.
Graduate from an accredited program of professional nursing required; Bachelor's Degree preferred. Experience:
A min.imum of three (3) years experience in a psychiatric healthcare facility preferred. Licensure:
Currently licensed to practice by the Texas State Board of Nursing. Additional Requirements:
Must pass a medication administration exam before administering medications. CPR certification and successful completion of Handle with Care and Verbal De-escalation including restraint and seclusion policies, within 30 days of employment and prior to assisting in restraining procedures. Benefit Highlights
About Universal Health Services
- Tuition savings with Chamberlain University
- Career development opportunities across UHS and our 300+ locations!
- Diverse programming to expand your experience
- HealthStream online learning catalogue with plenty of free CEU courses
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Pet Insurance
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $13.4 billion in 2022. During the year, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of America's Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has approximately 94,000 employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. EEO Statement:
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. Notice:
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449 Pay Transparency:
To encourage pay transparency, promote pay equity, and proactively address regulations, UHS and all our subsidiaries will comply with all applicable state or local laws or regulations which require employers to provide wage or salary range information to job applicants and employees. A posted salary range applies to the current job posting. Salary offers may be based on key factors such as education and related experience.