OU Health Stephenson Cancer Center is Oklahoma's only National Cancer Institute (NCI)-Designated Cancer Center, and one of only 71 NCI-Designated Cancer Centers in the United States. This highly competitive accreditation ensures that our patients receive the highest standard of care and have access to the most advanced cancer treatment options.
At the Stephenson Cancer Center, we have an exciting new job opportunity that could be right for you! The Oncology Research RN
position performs professional nursing duties such as physician assistance, sample collection, information gathering, patient follow‐up, data collection, medication administration, collaboration, patient education, emergency response, patient preparation, and sedation.
Learn more about the Stephenson Cancer Center's Clinical Trials Office here.Essential Duties:
- Assists physician during the examination as needed.
- Prepares patient for examination. Ensures that all information is available to the physician.
- Collects samples from patients to include but not limited to blood, urine, etc.
- Prepares samples for analysis or shipment.
- Takes and records various readings to include but not limited to heart and respiratory rate, blood pressure, weight, body temperature, etc.
- Makes or follows up on patient appointments.
- Answers routine questions from patients, family, or caregivers.
- Provides educational information to patients, family, or caregivers.
- Collects all laboratory reports, data, and records.
- Under direction of physician or other medical personnel, administers medication to patients.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to provide eﬃcient quality patient care.
- Responds to and intervenes in emergency situations to include but not limited to anaphylaxis, hypoglycemia, hypotension, hemorrhage, respiratory distress, etc.
- Directs and evaluates the work of some personnel to include but not limited to Clinic Clerks, Medical Assistants, and other Nurses.
- Acts as a lead employee when work performed requires little or no direct supervision.
- Assists with conscious sedation of patients.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.