Overview We are offering up to $25,000 Sign-On Bonus in addition to a $24,000 Student Loan Payback for those who meet the eligibility requirements.
Saint Joseph Hospital is a 433-bed facility located in Lexington Kentucky. Founded in 1877 a small group of Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in Kentucky led by Sister Euphrasia Stafford began their health ministry. Their mission was to provide compassionate care to the poor and underserved - a tradition still carried out today. Saint Joseph Hospital primarily serves central and eastern Kentucky with a full range of services including distinguished awards for cardiology orthopedics and stroke care. CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees 8 hospitals specialty clinics and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY. CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Provides nursing care according to the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementing and evaluating. Implements appropriate nursing care interventions. Administers medications and treatments in accordance with physician orders and established nursing policies and procedures. Care provided is based on defined standards of patient care and nursing evidence-based practice.
- Assumes responsibility for acquiring knowledge and skills necessary for patient care in the identified practice setting.
- Performs assessment and analyzes patient problems and conditions using critical decisioning to determine need for standard, urgent or emergent interventions.
- Implements and/or modifies plan of care using assessment data, standards of care and evidence based practice inclusive of nursing care coordination, appropriate patient and family education, and discharge planning. Facilitates interdisciplinary partnership in patient care.
- Integrates ethical provisions in nursing practice and delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Administers medications, IV therapy, and treatments in compliance with policies and procedures.
Qualifications Required Education and Certification
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
Current RN license in the State of Kentucky, BSN preferred