Thank you for your interest in this flexible and vital position with Charlotte County Public Schools.
As a District, we are focused on promoting character and competence in a positive learning culture that ensures success and inspires purpose for ALL. District Mission:
To promote character and competence in a positive learning culture that ensures success and inspires purpose for ALL. District Values:
Collaboration; Communication; Integrity; Leadership; Excellence; Safety Qualifications:
- Hold a valid license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- Hold First Aid and CPR certification
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience
- Experience in a in a hospital and/or school and community-health nursing
*Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate
Charlotte County Schools promotes Equal Educational and Employment Opportunities. CCPS CONSIDERS VETERAN'S PREFERENCES FOR ALL POSITIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH F.S. 295.07.
- Assess and monitors health needs of students in assigned schools. Assists in providing individual health care plans to students.
- Educates appropriate and diverse staff, including unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP), in identification of and response to student health needs.
- Participates (at times) in staffing of all students with health challenges and needs.
- Provides emergency and supportive care to students as needed.
- Makes recommendations for the maintenance of a healthy and safe environment for students.
- Maintains appropriate (electronic) student health records required by school board policy and by Florida Statutes (464, Nirse Practice Act).
- Oversees enrollment of all students for immunization-compliance and all other health-related entrance requirements.
- Communicates with parents/staff concerning student health needs.
- Provides follow-up services and makes appropriate referrals.
- Reviews, documents, and supervises the administering of medications to assure proper dispensing-procedures, adhering to District policies and Florida statute.
- Maintains school health clinic and supplies in a designated health area.
- Performs nursing procedures as deemed appropriate in the Nursing, Policy, and Procedure Manual.
- Notifies the principal and Supervisor of District Health Services, immediately, in cases of serious illness or accident.
- Staffs, as needed, student health facilities in other schools.
- Assists in and/or conducts health-screening procedures, as needed.
- Alerts the Supervisor of District Health Services of possible health problems of a communicable nature detected among students and staff.
- Performs other job-related functions as may be assigned by the Supervisor of Nursing Services.