Medical City Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) ED - Emergency Department for a nursing job in Weatherford, Texas.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ED - Emergency Department
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights, flexible
- Employment Type: Staff
Shift: Nights (Rotating Weekends) Description
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) RN Emergency Room you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical City Weatherford which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Medical City Weatherford, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Medical City Weatherford!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Our Emergency Department Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. Our 23-bed ER has expertise to diagnose and treat heart attacks, head injuries, seizures, strokes, burns, broken bones and more. As an ER RN, you will work in a fast-paced setting with patients requiring urgent treatment due to a life-threatening medical condition, illness or injury as well as patients with less serious conditions. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that cares like family. What You Will Do In This Role:
- You will quickly access and prioritize incoming patients.
- You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments and stabilize patients.
- You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN's scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
- You will provide patient education / follow-up care instructions and make necessary referrals.
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Trauma Nursing Core Course must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Nurse Diploma
- Must have at least 1+ year of relevant experience in area of specialty
Medical City Weatherford is a 100+ bed acute-care hospital. We serve Parker County and surrounding communities. Our medical staff represents 30+ medical specialties. Our health care services include inpatient and outpatient care, medical-surgical and emergency care. We are a designated Comprehensive (Level II) Stroke Facility and Level IV Trauma Center. Our hospital is a Level I Neonatal Facility, and a Chest Pain-Accredited facility. Our facility has received many awards and recognition. We received the Press Ganey Summit Award and The Joint Commission's Top Performer in Key Quality Measures. We are honored to have The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval. We are a part of the Medical City network of hospitals. Patients are ensured access to medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our RN Emergency Room opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Medical City Healthcare Job ID #1-INFOR-1466516. Posted job title: RN Emergency Room
Why Vivian Health?
Be sure to apply via Vivian Health to increase your chances of landing your perfect job. Just complete your Vivian Health profileonce, and get access to thousands of opportunities across the country. Then keep up to date with your job application process and conversations with our easy to use app.