Overview Current Incentives for this Role:
- Up to $25,000 in Education Loan Forgiveness for qualifying loans
- Up to a $20,000 RN Residency Completion Bonus for qualifying RN Residents
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region's most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies. While you're busy impacting the healthcare industry, we'll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Responsibilities Job Summary:
Our Family Birth Center RNs work in many different roles while providing care to new families. We have mother/baby RNs, who care for post-partum mothers and newborn infants. We also have labor and delivery RNs, providing care to women who are pregnant and delivering their infants. As a tertiary care center, our nurses provide both high-risk and low-risk care to our patients. This work includes developing, implementing and assessing the patient plan of care in collaboration with physicians, certified nurse-midwives, the patient and their family.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patient's individual physician. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
- Monitoring patients' conditions and assessing their needs
- Collaborating with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
- Administering patients' medications and providing treatments according to physicians' orders
- Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients
Qualifications Education/Work Experience:
- Previous recent Labor and Delivery Experience is preferred, OR
- 1-2 years Med/Surg experience, or new graduate with completion of senior practicum in L&D, Mother/Baby unit or nursery.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferredOne year of related work experience is preferred
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse is required
- Basic Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification or completion within 6 months of date of hire is required
- National Certification Corporation (NCC) or American Nurses Credentialing Center certification preferred