Hello humankindness Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix ArizonaSt. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy St. Josephs was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later St. Josephs remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved. We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care medical education and research. St. Josephs includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute Norton Thoracic Institute Cancer Center at St. Josephs Ivy Brain Tumor Center and St. Josephs Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics neuro-rehabilitation orthopedics and other medical services. St. Joseph's is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day approximately 20 percent of the hospital's patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph's.U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Josephs among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition St. Josephs boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Josephs and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Childrens Hospital.St. Josephs is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizonas healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizonas Most Admired Companies.
Look for us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.
The Ivy Brain Tumor Center is a non-conventional, non-profit program offering state-of-the-art clinical trials for patients with the most aggressive form of brain cancer. It is home to the largest collection of Phase 0 trials for brain tumors in the world. Our multidisciplinary team of brain tumor specialists and scientists are accelerating drug discovery and precision medicine in neuro-oncology to identify the most promising first-in-class therapies for brain tumor patients.
Our day-to-day interactions with patients, caregivers and each other are grounded in transparency: our conversations are always two-way, and our labs are open to ensure efficient collaboration. Everyone at the Ivy Brain Tumor Center is passionate about identifying and accelerating treatments that will make a meaningful difference in patients' lives. Here, innovation never stops - because for us, this work is personal.
The Ivy Research Clinician/Sub-Investigator (Nurse Practitioner) plays an integral role for the safety and well-being of study participants as well as the conduct of the clinical trials. Job duties will include administering physical and neurological exams, reviewing participant safety data, including medical history, current and prior medications, clinical lab results, imaging, ECGs, throughout all phases of participation. The Clinician will review adverse events, trending safety data and reports, and interact with the clinical teams to address safety concerns. Demonstrating knowledge and understanding of human research policies, regulations, procedures, and standards according to FDA, ICH/GCP guidelines is required. This position interacts with a variety of people, both internal and external, requiring exceptional communication skills. The ability to multi-task and remain organized in a high-volume clinical trial setting is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in study development including protocol review and feedback.
- Provide clinician expertise to the research team during study development and implementation.
- Facilitate or participate in the initial and ongoing informed consent/assent process with research participants.
- Serve as a Sub-Investigator on clinical trials under the direction of the Principal Investigator, acting as the secondary physician in medical and clinical issues.
- Review and sign prescriptions and drug order forms. May administer study treatment interventions.
- Collect specimens (blood, urine, CSF, tumor samples) for clinical and research testing, as needed.
- Obtain medical histories and conduct safety assessments such as vital signs, EKGs and report potential adverse events.
- Review, provide assessment and sign patient results including inclusion/exclusion, clinical labs, EKG, deviations, adverse events.
- Meet with the Principal Investigator and clinical care team at regular intervals to review patient status, eligibility, adverse events.
- Works collaboratively with the clinical care team including neurosurgery, radiation oncology, neuro-oncology, nursing and other disciplines.
- Record research data in approved source documents and into study-specific databases. Review and respond to data queries in a timely manner.
- Work with Research Nurses and Coordinators to create and provide education for patients and staff regarding the disease process and protocol-specified treatments.
- Contributes to research and participates in the preparation of publications and abstracts.
- Ensure the trial is conducted according to the protocol, ICH/GCP and FDA guidelines.
- Assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
We offer the following benefits:Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your familyHealth/Dental/Vision InsuranceFlexible spending accountsVoluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity TheftAdoption AssistancePaid Time Off (PTO)Tuition Assistance for career growth and developmentPension PlanMatching Retirement ProgramsVisit us at Ivybraintumorcenter.org, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
ExperienceMinimum 2-years of clinical experience
Satisfactory completion of a formal Nurse Practitioner Training Program at an accredited institution. Board eligible or Board Certified Nurse Practitioner
LicensureArizona Board Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
BLS American Heart Association Certification
Arizona Registered Nurse LicenseProficient to advanced computer skills; proactive strong organizational skills.Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills.
Preferred: Professional certification in researchPreferred: Prior experience working in the research setting.Preferred: Prior experience in neuro-oncology or oncology
Additional Requirements (e.g., two letters of recommendation):
Keywords: Clinical Research, Clinical Research Sub-Investigator, Oncology Research Clinician, Neuro-oncology Clinician, Nurse Practitioner