Conducts multiple ongoing clinical trials involving patients or healthy volunteers/subjects. Completes all paperwork required to capture all data as specified by a study protocol, and for ensuring subject safety, understanding, and cooperation during the study process. Interacts with the research site team and other interdepartmental staff. Engages in the entire site operations process, which includes recruitment, enrollment, and retention of study participants.
- Qualifications Education and Experience Nurses:
- ADN from an accredited institution/active RN or LVN licence to practice
- 1 year experience as RN or LVN
- Technical positions may require a certificate
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 6 years). Bachelors degree preferred.Education and Experience for Paramedics:
- High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 4 years which should include 3 years experience as a Paramedic on an ALS unit and/or in a clinical setting). Florida Licensed/Certified EMT-Paramedic and American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required. In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:• Ability to work well in a team environment and interact with all levels of staff, clients, and subjects in a positive and professional manner• Strong planning and organizational capabilities to manage multiple tasks and study groups at one time• Basic computer skills, good handwriting and attention to detail• Willingness and ability to administer investigational drugs or test investigational devices intravenously, topically, or by other approved methods of dosing• Willingness and ability to learn and perform a variety of technical procedures such as drawing blood, processing and harvesting lab specimens, taking vital signs, performing ECGs, etc.• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Ability to respond to medical emergency scenarios, in accordance with ACLS guidance, established emergency protocols, and Investigator instructionsManagement Role: No management responsibilityWorking Conditions and Environment:• Work is performed in an office or clinical environment with exposure to electrical office equipment• Occasional drives to site locations. Potential Occasional travel required• Frequent long hours, weekends and/or holidays• Exposure to blood and biohazardous waste• Be available by cell phone after hours• Exposure to fluctuating and/or extreme temperatures on rare occasionsPhysical Requirements:• Frequently stationary for 4-6 hours per day.• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.• Frequent mobility required.• Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.• Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.• Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.• Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.• May interact with others, relating and gathering sensitive information. Interaction includes diverse groups.• Works with guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions from management. May require periods of intense concentration.• Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.• Regular and consistent attendance.
- Additional Job DescriptionAdditional Job Description
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.