Substitutes Date Posted:
District Wide Substitute School Nurse
SCSD2 is seeking friendly, professional and flexible Substitute Nurses to join our team.HOURLY WAGE:
: Building PrincipalJOB GOAL:
To perform those duties required by school nurses to meet specific requirements as listed in state statutes and local school district policy related to the overall health care of students in the school system and other duties as assigned in the absence of the school nurse.PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses students to detect health needs.
- Updates health records on students as neeed.
- Administers first aid in accordance with established first aid procedures.
- Implements Board policy on exclusion and readmission of students in connection with infectious and contagious diseases in the absence of the school nurse.
- Assists school personnel in maintaining sanitary standards in schools.
- Reports to parents, school personnel, physicians, clinics, and other agencies on student health matters in the absence of the school nurse.
- A liaison between home and school regarding health concerns in the absence of the school nurse.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Lower body strength to stand and walk throughout the work day.
- Upper body strength ability to lift students for positioning in wheelchairs, side lyers, or floor mats. (Back support provided if needed.)
Called as needed with salary to be set by Board of Trustees.EVALUATION:
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
Job category: Substitute
Exemption Status: non-exempt
Insurance Eligibility: not benefit eligible
Contract position: no
Sheridan County School District No. 2 does not discriminate on the basis of economic status, intellectual ability, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, disability, or religion in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, and ADA may be referred to Sheridan County School District No. 2:
Title IX Coordinator
Human Resource Director
201 N. Connor St.
Sheridan, WY 82801
Section 504 Coordinator
Special Services Director
201 N. Connor St.
Sheridan, WY 82801
The closing date displayed is a guideline for candidates and hiring committees. All job postings shall be open for a minimum of five days before they are filled. Once five days have elapsed, committees may begin selecting, interviewing, and hiring qualified candidates. An application is not a guarantee for an interview. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early, as job postings may close sooner than the listed close date.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act exemption status(exempt/non-exempt from overtime) is designated by position. Sheridan County School District No. 2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Wyoming State Statute requires any employee initially hired by SCSD2 on or after July 1, 1996, to pass a criminal background check with DCI (Department of Criminal Investigation).