The following vacancy exists in Goshen Community Schools for the 2023-24 school year: Goshen Community SchoolsSubstitute School NursePOSITION PURPOSE:
School Nurses, as leaders in the school community, oversee all school health policies and programs. School Nurses provide expertise and oversight of school health services and promote health education. Healthy children are successful learners and school nurses advocate for the physical, emotional, mental, and social health of students. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Organizes, administers, and manages school health services in the school assigned in cooperation with Health Services Coordinator.
- Implements school health policies, communicable disease control, first aid measures, emergency preparedness and standing orders in the school assigned.
- Offers health counseling to students, parents, and staff; making referrals to community resources when appropriate.
- Keeps accurate and comprehensive health records.
- Files all mandated State and Federal reports per requirements.
- Monitors student compliance with the state mandated immunization requirements.
- Arranges and conducts special programs in collaboration with the Elkhart County Health Department.
- Conducts and/or oversees vision and hearing screening; Makes proper referrals when deemed necessary.
- Cares for emergencies and sudden illness occurring at school and instructs others how to give follow-up care.
- Monitors students with special health needs to help maintain them in the school setting, attending IEP meetings as appropriate.
- Formulates, revises and implements all Individual Health Plans.
- Assists instructional staff with the health education program.
- Assists guidance staff with programming as needed.
- Coordinates School Health Team related to Coordinated School Health Program and participates in the District Coordinated School Health Committee, as directed by the Health Services Coordinator.
- Upholds regulations and laws related to confidentiality, child abuse and neglect and other health related requirements.
- Is trained and participates in the school Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) team as determined by the principal and/or the Health Services Coordinator.
- Board certified graduate of licensed registered nurse program.
- Current Indiana nursing license.
- Current certificate in CPR/AED
- Registered Nurse: Ideally has worked as a registered nurse for 2-3 years prior to hiring in a related nursing field.
- Prefer pediatric experience including adolescents
- Ability to create partnerships with teachers, students, parents and community
- Treat students with respect while displaying high personal integrity and ethics
- Emergency nursing and/or public health nursing experience
School year - 180 days per year, working as needed. SALARY:
$21.00 per hour (Schedule #22.2sub) BENEFITS:
This position is not eligible for benefits. APPLICATION PROCESS:
In order to be considered, all applicants must have completed their on-line application at https://goshenschools.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
CURRENT GCS EMPLOYEES CLICK HERE
Please attach the following to your application:
- Letter of interest
- Up-to-date resume
For questions regarding this position please contact:
Goshen High School
401 Lincolnway E
Goshen, IN 46526
The Goshen Community School's Board of School Trustees is an equal opportunity employer. Selection of the applicant will be made without reference to race, color, creed, sex, age, handicap, or national origin.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS: Until Filled