Overview Halifax Health
is seeking a Registered Nurse
for the Port Orange Emergency Department.
The Registered Nurse will be responsible for the delivery of care utilizing the nursing process of assessing, collecting and documenting data in order to identify nursing diagnoses. Responsible for establishing, planning, implementing and evaluating individual patient care and discharge plans. Provides responsible and accountable nursing care based on established clinical nursing practice standards subscribed to by the American Nursing Association and in accordance with the Florida Nurse Practice Act. Engages in collaborative relationships with peers and other professional disciplines, applies principles of leadership and assumes responsibility for professional growth and accountability.
- Currently licensed as a RN in the State of Florida.
- Bachelor degree/diploma/associate degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Certifications as required by individual unit/area.
- Professionalism in interpersonal communication skills with patients, patient families, colleagues, physicians and ancillary department personnel.
- Personal professional development, accountability, organization and leadership in the performance of professional nursing practice.
- Must be customer-service oriented and able to effectively communicate and build relationships with co-workers and key stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Professionalism in interpersonal communication skills with patients, patient families, colleagues, physicians and ancillary department personnel is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to assist in providing exceptional care for our patients and their families.
Recognized as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals™ in the United States by IBM Watson Health™, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of health care services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, two community hospitals, urgent care clinics, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with five outreach locations, the area's largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, primary care walk-in clinics, a clinic specializing in women's health, a pediatric care community clinic, five pediatric medical practices, a home health care agency and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area's only Level II Trauma Center, Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center (TSC), Center for Transplant Services, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born earlier than 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.