York Country Day School is seeking a Substitute School Nurse to be available on an as needed basis beginning June 6, 2022.
As the school's primary medical caregiver, the nurse supports the health and wellness of all students in grades PA-12. The nurse must be collaborative and able to work well on a team. As a member of our multidisciplinary team, the nurse delivers health services for students in a timely manner, offers assessment and medical referral, educates the community on important health issues, identifies health problems and collaborates with parents, primary care physicians, the YCDS athletic trainers, and teachers to develop student healthcare plans, and ensures the safety and health of the community. YCDS is particularly interested in candidates with experience in school health, pediatrics, concussion management, triage, and community health.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages all health information and health care at school.
- Communicates with parents/guardians in a timely manner regarding medical issues
- Coordinates and supervises the in-school care of concussed students with their doctor, parents, division heads, school advisor, teachers and the YCDS athletic trainer.
- Documents student visits, physician notes and any other information using Blackbaud, the school's computerized database.
- Distributes over-the-counter and prescription medications as necessary.
- Safe disposal of biomedical waste.
- Administrating COVID tests as needed.
The substitute school nurse must be available on an as needed basis Monday - Friday on campus from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM each day throughout the calendar year. Responsibilities over the summer include being available during our Summer Camp. Qualified candidates should be a Licensed RN with a current PA license or hold a BSN Degree. CPR certification with Red Cross instructor certification preferred. Additional Information:
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report Application Instructions:
Interested candidates should electronically submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications should be received by and/or before November 1, 2023.