The Department of Family and Community Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is seeking to hire an Advanced Practice Provider (Instructor). The department consists of faculty committed to providing care to diverse and underserved populations in the Greater Houston area and Harris County. Faculty members have opportunities to participate in academic activities which support medical student education and research if desired. Joining this distinguished institution allows for provider recognition, innovation, collaboration, and influence.
This position will provide patient care services at the Martin Luther King Jr. Health Clinic, one of our affiliate facilities. It offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to work for a prestigious institution. Job Purpose
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician. Job Duties
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Billing visit incidents to provider services.
- Adhering to Baylor College of Medicine and affiliates' policies and procedures.
- Providing constructive input on improving the delivery of services to the medical director and clinic manager.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Nurse Practitioner: Master's degree in in Nursing.
Physician Assistant: Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies. NOTE: Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant Studies accepted based on terminal degree requirements at time of graduation. Certification/Licenses/Registration:
Nurse Practitioner: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department.
Physician Assistant: Current license as a Physician Assistant by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board. Specialty certification as required by department.
Experience Required: None Required
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.