$25,000 sign on bonus for a 3 year employment commitment! Relocation assistance may be available per UVA Medical Center policy. Please contact Allyson Monahan at email@example.com for more information.
This position qualifies for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. The salary range reflected in this job posting is for an RN Clinician 2. For additional information, please see the More Information section.What's growing on here?
It's the largest UVA expansion project ever: a 425,000 square foot, $450 million dollar + investment that now provides a brand new and expanded 76 bed emergency department/level 1 trauma center along with four new operating rooms, procedural and recovery space. In addition, a new six story bed tower has converted most semi-private patient rooms into private rooms.Virginia's #1 hospital
* is staffing up. We invite you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new chapter in UVA history and join our award-winning team!
* U.S. News & World Report's 2016-2017, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 "Best Hospitals" guides, Newsweek's 2023 "Best Hospitals in VA" guide.
The University of Virginia Emergency Department presents an exciting growth opportunity. Come be part of a collaborative interdisciplinary care team envisioning and developing the future of Emergency Medicine at UVA. The Emergency Department at UVA is a Level 1 Trauma Center and currently has four adult trauma bays and two pediatric trauma bays. With specialties such as, Neurosciences, Specialized Heart and Vascular Center, and Transplant offered twenty-four hours a day, we are able to provide care to patients from all over the state and adjoining states. Our ED also houses a Chest Pain Center, Express Care, and Women's Center for Emergency Care. * U.S. News & World Report's 2016-2017, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 "Best Hospitals" guides. We are seeking a capable clinician, focused on expanding knowledge and skills who will:
- Consistently provides effective direct care, as part of the interdisciplinary team, to a variety of complex patients.
- Manage care and implement treatment plans at a refined skill level in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the health care team.
- Seek as well as provide feedback for improved clinical practice.
- Assume a beginning leadership role but seeks mentoring in this process.
While you improve the lives of patients at UVA Health System, you'll also be improving your own life in one of the most beautiful and welcoming places in America-Charlottesville, Virginia. Nestled among the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, it's called "The Best Town for Food Lovers" by Wine Magazine, "Best College Town" by Traveler's Today and, yes, "America's Happiest City" by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Research. Built on the foundation of American history and overlaid with the vibrant energy of a modern culture, there's no place in the world quite like it.This position qualifies for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. The salary range reflected in this job posting is for an RN Clinician 2. Additional compensation is available if you are hired into a higher level on the Clinical Ladder. Those hired as either a Clinician 3 or Clinician 4 must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree and possess a specialty certification from a national certifying organization and meet applicable Career Ladder Behaviors Placement on the clinical ladder will be discussed during the recruitment process. Shifts: Days, Nights, Evenings, every other weekend
This job description integrates the ANA 2015 Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2015), and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model.
- Relationship Based Care - Self and Colleagues: reflects the influence of the nurse's relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Relationship Based Care - Patients and Families: reflects the influence of the nurse's relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Expert Caring: encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders: demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners: encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement: includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation: is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $32.55 - $53.71 Hourly
Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire.
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently traveling, bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, i ncluding the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
The University of Virginia is an iconic public institution of higher education, boasting nationally ranked schools and programs, diverse and distinguished faculty, a major academic medical center, and proud history as a renowned research university.
In January of 1819, the Commonwealth of Virginia's General Assembly chartered what would become the University of Virginia. Entering our third century, the University has served Virginia, the nation, and the world by: educating responsible citizen-leaders; advancing, preserving, and disseminating knowledge; and providing world-class patient care. These responsibilities are enduring and continue to inspire our efforts.
The UVA Health System is renowned for providing outstanding patient care, educating tomorrow's health care leaders, and discovering new and better ways to treat diseases. The UVA Medical Center and Physicians Group, School of Medicine, and School of Nursing are recognized for their excellence in patient care, education, and research.
At UVA, we offer a rich collection of benefits, which have long been recognized and valued for their comprehensiveness and competitiveness in the market. In addition to a robust array of traditional benefits such as health care, time off, and retirement, UVA offers an array of other benefits and services to support faculty, staff, and UVA Health team members with their personal and family needs.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and welcome diversity in all forms. For more information on the University of Virginia and the surrounding area, visit our Why UVA (https://hr.virginia.edu/careers-uva/why-uva) and Why Charlottesville (https://hr.virginia.edu/careers-uva/why-charlottesville) webpages