Nurses/Nurse, School (RN & LPN) Date Posted:
Woodridge Elementary Woodridge Elementary School
is seeking a highly energetic, GA-licensed School Nurse (RN-LPN).
The ideal candidate must have a working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services, normal and abnormal child development, and educational principles and approaches pertinent to children with various intellectual and learning disabilities, special needs preschool children, and principles of nursing. The candidate must exhibit a kind and caring manner, be able to communicate effectively with children and adults, and be flexible and organized. They should also be dependable, conscientious, and a team player.
The material contained herein is subject to change. All open positions offered by the DeKalb County School District are subject to specific job requirements. The DeKalb County School District is an equal opportunity employer, and all hiring decisions are subject to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.Salary Grade/Schedule:
117 (LPN) / 122 (RN)Salary Schedules:
Click HereTitle: Nurse, School (RN & LPN)
Under direct supervision, provides appropriate health/medical services to designated students in an effort to minimize absences due to illness and create a climate of health and well-being in the schools for the DeKalb County School District (DCSD).
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Performs student health procedures and assists students with administration of medication.
• Performs respiratory assessment; performs tracheostomy care, if needed.
• Reports to parents, school personnel, physicians, clinics, and other agencies on school health matters.
• Maintains up-to-date health records on students.
• Observes students on a regular basis to detect health needs.
• Works one on one with assigned students; travels to school on bus with students; attends all classes and activities with required equipment.
• Maintains responsibility for emergency care of assigned students.
• Advises on modification of the education program to meet health needs of individual students.
• Prepares and submits reports for the lead nurse and principal.
• Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Associate's Degree in Practical Nursing or equivalent education/training is preferred.
• Minimum of one (1) year practical nursing or closely related experience is required.
• Experience in pediatric nursing is preferred.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
• Valid State of Georgia Practical Nurse license is required.
• Valid certificates in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) required.
• Valid First Aid certificate is preferred.
- Nurse, School (RN & LPN).pdf