Overview Current Incentives for qualifying external Nurses with a 2 year commitment
- Up to a $35,000 Sign on Bonus (prorated by FTE- min 0.6 FTE required); Lump sum payment within 30 days of start)
- Up to $25,000 in Education Loan Forgiveness for qualifying loans
- Relocation Assistance
We're proud to share that St. Joseph Medical Center was recognized among the Best Hospitals in Washington state by U.S. News & World Report.
While you're busy impacting the healthcare industry, we'll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region's most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
Job Summary:This job is responsible for providing cath lab nursing care of adult patient populations undergoing cardiac procedures in the cath lab to include inpatient, outpatient and emergent.
Work is performed under standards of safety and care that provide instruction/guidance for taking care of issues and patient needs in the absence of a physician. Requires the use of judgment and critical thinking skills in making decisions regarding patient care (within the scope of practice), including knowledge and integration of available standards, resources and data, and in the efficient utilization of staff/resources. Work involves continuous contact with physicians, patients, patient families, community agencies, patient care staff and management. An incumbent is accountable for the quality of care provided to patients, and has the authority to direct care, provide education, seek resources at the unit/department level, and delegate appropriate tasks.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- One year of related work experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
- If assigned to the Procedure area - previous cardiac cath Lab experience or a minimum of two years experience within the past three years in an acute care setting, i.e., ICU, PCU, PACU ER.
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump experience preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare BLS Certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification or within six months of hire
- CCRN (Certification in Adult Critical Care) RN preferredIV competency must be attained within four months, training is available.