Overview Starting pay $45.00NO CALL REQUIRED SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
Saint Joseph Hospital is a 433-bed facility located in Lexington Kentucky. Founded in 1877 a small group of Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in Kentucky led by Sister Euphrasia Stafford began their health ministry. Their mission was to provide compassionate care to the poor and underserved - a tradition still carried out today. Saint Joseph Hospital primarily serves central and eastern Kentucky with a full range of services including distinguished awards for cardiology orthopedics and stroke care. CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees 8 hospitals specialty clinics and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY. CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Cardiac Cath Lab RN will join an advanced interventional cardiology service line that utilizes catheters to diagnose and repair damaged vessels and other heart structures. The Cardiac Cath Lab RN will work amongst board certified cardiologists who are experienced in cardioversions, diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization, heart angioplasty, transesophageal echocardiogram, vascular diagnosis and interventions, transcatheter aortic valve replacement, and transcatheter mitral valve repair.
You appreciate that you will rarely have the same day twice and you thrive in a fast-paced clinical environment. Your documentation and communication is thorough, adding value to the whole nursing team. You position your teammates to do his, her, or their best work- benefiting your shared patients by
ensuring a smooth transition at shift change when you give report.
You have a talent for planning and coordinating which patients and their loved ones appreciate. You have the ability to think critically, creatively, and unconventionally when necessary. Project management is a natural talent as you will coordinate care between multiple patients while keeping your entire
healthcare team on track with shared goals.Expectations
- Patience and focus to constantly monitor high acuity patients with
- Proven ability to think and react quickly in critical or emergency situations
- Medication evaluation, administration, and education specific to the patient's custom care plan
- Facilitate education to patients and caregivers concerning condition, treatment plan, and prevention (if appropriate)
- Actively participate in decisions affecting your practice environment for excellence in delivering quality care to patients
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited program
- Active Registered Nurse Licensure in Kentucky (KY) or eNLC licensure with multistate privileges in good standing
- Basic Life Support (BLS)