Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.DescriptionThe Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics:
For more than 75 years, the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics has provided excellence in health care services, research, and education for a racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse population from adolescence through menopause. Emory Gynecology and Obstetrics is part of Emory University's School of Medicine, a globally recognized leader in health care innovation, and the Emory Clinic and Emory Healthcare, a comprehensive health system that includes hospitals, offices, and research facilities.
As part of a university-based health care system, our department has access to state-of-the-art resources and tools. Our physicians and researchers are engaged in translating the latest research and advances into effective practice. This rapidly growing department seeks innovative solutions for addressing health disparities and ensuring health equity for all women.
The Department of Gynecology & Obstetrics is seeking a Certified Nurse Midwife I. The position will be based at Grady Memorial Hospital and its neighborhood health centers, and will require some weekend coverage.
- Manages the antepartal, intrapartal, postpartal and interconceptional care of patients whose progress is essentially normal.
- Oversees the immediate care of these mothers and their newborns and may, as appropriate, provide direct nursing care.
- Provides gynecologic and contraceptive care.
- Assesses patient needs, collaborates with others when establishing care plan and documents all condition progress or change.
- Communicates patients' needs, responses and progress to family and other team members.
- Provides patient and family education to ensure a full understanding of the patient's continued care.
- Promotes the effectiveness and the efficiency of Nurse-Midwifery Services and promotes the profession.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- A master's degree in nursing or a related field.
- Certification by the American College of Nurse Midwives.
- Position requires current CNM/APP licensure in the state of Georgia
- Knowledgeable of intrauterine device and contraceptive implant insertion and removal
- Spanish language proficiency is preferred
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!Job Number
119058 Job Type
Regular Full-Time Division
School Of Medicine Department
SOM: GYN OB: Nurse Midwifery This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues:
Position involves clinical patient contact., Working with human blood, body fluids, tissues, or other potentially infectious materials. Job Category
Nursing Campus Location (For Posting) : City
Atlanta Location : Name