Application WindowOpen date:
October 24, 2023Next review date:
Thursday, Nov 23, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.Final date:
Thursday, Apr 24, 2025 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
TRAUMA AND FOOT AND ANKLE ACADEMIC POSITION UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO
Assistant/Associate Professor Level Position
The University of California, San Francisco, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is recruiting for an Orthopaedic Surgeon with Orthopaedic Trauma fellowship training and Foot and Ankle fellowship training or interest. This full-time appointment will be at the Assistant or Associate Professor level, commensurate with experience.
The incumbent will participate in departmental clinical, teaching, and research activities at the University of California, San Francisco through the Regional Medical Center-San Jose and Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital. The incumbent will be expected to collaborate in clinical and/or basic research as well as publish subsequent results in peer reviewed journals. The selected individual will also be responsible for and provide an integral role to teach clinically relevant topics for residents, medical students, and fellows.
- A valid California medical license will be required as a condition of employment.
- Board certified or eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Completed an accredited Orthopaedic Surgery residency program.
- Completed an Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship and have either a subspecialty fellowship in Foot and Ankle or sub-specialty interest in Foot and Ankle.
- Associate level candidates will have clinical experience beyond the fellowship year and experience in research and teaching in an academic institution.
- Applicant's materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
All of the requirements must be met by the appointment date.
Please apply online with CV, cover letter, a statement of contribution to diversity, a statement of research, statement of teaching, and the contact information of three references at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04771.
The posted UC salary scales set the minimum pay determined by rank and step at appointment. See Table 5. The minimum base salary range for this position is $142,800 - $223,400. This position includes membership in the health sciences compensation plan which provides for eligibility for additional compensation.
Application RequirementsDocument requirements
- Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: Contributions to Diversity Statement
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
San Francisco, CA and San Jose, CA