Fortis partners with diagnostics and life sciences companies to design, validate, and manufacture solutions to solve their complex development problems. Fortis' tailored approach and end-to-end capabilities accelerate the work of its customers as they bring the next generation of medicines and diagnostics to market. Fortis serves a global customer base and has offices across the world including four R&D sites and three GMP and ISO 13485 compliant manufacturing facilities in North America.
The Organic Chemist will work closely with the team onsite. In this role you will test new formulations, evaluate raw material and improve products by contributing to research and development. This role will be responsible for multiple projects and report findings to management. With a strong scientific mindset, combined with excellent analytical skills and a bias toward action, you will work strategically to deliver on key business objectives. What You'll Do
Who You Are & What You BringEducation / Background
- Research, design and execute innovative and well-controlled experiments, with high attention to detail.
- Scheduling, operating, and monitoring lab tests as they pertain to current business opportunities, as well as development of our current product portfolio.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems in creative ways
- Contribute to the definition and timely achievement of project goals.
- Follow SOPs to aid in the production of reagents and starting materials
- Participate in the production of reagents and starting materials.
- Perform data analysis and protocol development.
- Maintain accurate, detailed, and reliable laboratory records.
- Present findings at group or departmental meetings.
- Perform routine maintenance and prioritize scheduled service on lab instruments used for performance and analytical testing
- Develop and propose improved processes to fulfill the above functions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- MS or PHD Organic Chemistry preferred
- 2+ years of industry experience, less with advanced degrees
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience
What We Offer
- Demonstrated ability to understand and develop chemistry
- Mature understanding of how to work with chemical and biochemical samples, including sample handling, reactivity, purification and storage
- Experience with HPLC, MS, NMR, inert atmosphere chambers, and manual pipetting.
- Carbocyclic chemistry, Heterocycles and Bio-conjugations a plus
We have an incredibly talented group of intelligent, down-to-earth individuals who are committed to developing and manufacturing only the highest quality products. Our mission: "Pursuing a Healthier World by Creating Tomorrow's Science Today" is complemented by our core values (EXCITE): Excellence
- We believe in solving for root cause. No shortcuts, no "band-aids". Customer First
- We prioritize the experience and outcomes of our customers above all. Integrity
- We are honest and accountable, holding ourselves to a high standard of ethical conduct. Trust
- We believe an engaged, empowered team begins with a foundation of trust. We trust our team members to make the right decisions and to be driven by and evaluated on results. Entrepreneurship
- We encourage smart risk taking. We value novel mistakes in the pursuit of innovation.
Fortis provides a competitive salary, success-sharing bonus plan, medical, dental, disability and life insurance, and a 401(k) plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. We are an E-Verify Employer in the United States.