We want YOU here!
Our School Nurses provide our students exceptional healthcare as a foundation for the best learning experience. With the philosophy that "healthy children learn better", our professional school nurses work with parents and community partners to address the physical, mental, emotional, and social health needs of school children on a daily basis.
Sioux Falls School District Health Services staff provide emergency care for students and staff, health screenings, assessments, and referral for all students, essential health treatments for students with special needs, and health promotion and disease prevention activities that address wellness across the lifespan. We envision a school nursing program that...
- Develops and utilizes a unified set of standards through teamwork, communication, and collaboration.
- Educates staff and families of the professional role of the school nurse.
- Acknowledges the importance of a cooperative relationship between families, community health, and the school community to provide a holistic support system for all students.
- Provides positive and measurable outcomes for those we serve.
- Reaches more students through innovative change while serving as a model for others.
To check-up on our Health Services vitals, visit: https://www.sf.k12.sd.us/page/health-services Requirements & Job Duties
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred, valid South Dakota Registered Nurse license required. Minimum of 3 years nursing experience, preferably in pediatrics and/or community health. Experience working with diabetes, seizures, tracheostomies, and other childhood medical conditions desired. The subtitute school nurse must have availablity and flexibility to work when called Mon-Fri between 7:30am - 4:00pm (often the day of the need). Assignments may be in any school across the district, working with a variety of student needs.
School Nurse Job Description Work Schedule
Monday through Friday - as needed
Please note, the substitute nurse may be called as early as 6:30am with coverage from 7:30am to 4:00pm
Technical assistance about completing an online application can be directed to: Technical Help
Post-Offer Criminal Background Check Required
Relay Services for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing: Dial 711, then the desired number