Substitute School Nurse/Substitute School Nurse Date Posted:
All Building Date Available:
August 2022 Closing Date:
When Filled Geary County USD 475
Division/Department Substitute Nurses
Job Category: Substitute
Title: Substitute School Nurse
• RN/ LPN licensed in the State of Kansas
• Verification of license on file in Human Resources
• Provide three work related references
• Health certificate on file at Devin Center
• Completion of in-processing
• Completion of orientation process
Reports To: School Nurse Coordinator
Building PrincipalsBASIC FUNCTION/PURPOSE
To provide health services in the school setting within the scope of the Kansas Nurse Practice Act in the absence of the regular school nurse. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee performing the duties of this position is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, hear, bend, stoop, and reach. The employee may be occasionally required to manually lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to interact with staff and meet the demands of several different people. The employee is responsible for the work output of others. The employee occasionally works extended hours. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.CRITICAL SKILLS
- Ability to maintain regular and good work attendance and come to work on time.
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a courteous, timely and helpful manner.
- Ability to manage job responsibilities while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and staff information.
1. Serve as a health advocate for students.
2. Maintain an orderly and safe health room environment.
3. Report communicable diseases as mandated by the State of Kansas.
4. Provide emergency health care and first aid for students and staff.
5. Manage health information according to school district guidelines and professional standards.
6. Insure updated student/staff health information is shared with the regular school nurse.
7. Check in and out of the building through the office.
8. Uphold and enforce Board policies, administrative procedures, school rules and federal and state regulations including but not limited to:
Consolidated Plan for Federal Programs
Acceptable use of technology
Sexual and racial harassment
Reporting suspected child abuse/neglect
Term of Employment: Daily on as needed basis
Salary Range: RN - $105.00 a day
LPN - $95.00 a day
Updated 7-29-20Notice of Nondiscrimination
Geary County USD #475 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and/or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For questions or complaints based on race, color, national origin, sex or age, please contact the USD 475 Director of Personnel Services, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000. For questions or complaints based on disability, please contact the USD 475 Director of Special Education, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000