Other Certified Licensed Staff (OCLS)/Nurse - RN/LPN Date Posted:
Districtwide Position Start Date:
2023-2024 school year Employment Term:
As NeededReports To:
Coordinator of School Health or Building Principal
Experience Desired: One to three years' experience in the health care field, preferably pediatrics and/or community health.
Education Level: Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Certificates: A valid South Dakota Registered Nurse license, LPN or RN; CPR certified; Driver's License.
Clearances: Employment is contingent upon a Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance, paid for by the applicant. Essential Functions and Duties:
- Assess and Manage illnesses and accidents of students.
- Administer medications and medical treatments as necessary.
- Report health conditions to parents/guardians and provide health counseling.
- Follow up on medical recommendations for students and report to teachers and appropriate school personnel.
- Review health status of students and staff with identified health problems and refer when necessary.
- Assist in the control of communicable diseases through preventative immunization programs, early detection, surveillance, and reporting of contagious diseases.
- Assist with Health Fairs for grades K-5.
- Assist with scoliosis screening for grades 5-9.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Coordinator of School Health or the Building Principal.
Physical ability to assess vision, hearing, carry equipment and perform CPR. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to provide physical assessment. Patience and a positive attitude toward people is essential. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality in all work assignments. Positive human relations skills.Physical Requirements:
Must be able to lift 35 to 50 pounds intermittently during an eight hour day. Requires constant hearing, hand-eye and mind-eye coordination; intermittent speaking and walking. Requires frequent keyboarding, repetitive motions with the wrists, hands, and fingers. Standing, turning, and stooping are required. A valid South Dakota driver's license and the ability to drive a car.